?
Report 9 years ago
Aesop's Fables :cool:
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Day After Tomorrow by Whitley Strieber. Found it on a second hand bookstall when buying some Michael Crichton novels so added it to the pile. Love the film and the book's not bad.
schpanzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jacccckkkkkkk)
I got my book signed by Nick Cave last night... such a wonderful man. I loved the book, too - I hope you enjoy it! And, I'm going to Warwick too! Whereabouts are you staying?
Thats pretty cool! Did you have much of a chat or anything? I finished it today and really enjoyed it - quite different to what I usually go for!
I'm staying in Rootes - how about you? Are you going on Sat/Sun - I'm half dreading it/can't wait!
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Finished the great Gatsby about an hour ago. :yy:
Jacccckkkkkkk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by schpanzy)
Thats pretty cool! Did you have much of a chat or anything? I finished it today and really enjoyed it - quite different to what I usually go for!
I'm staying in Rootes - how about you? Are you going on Sat/Sun - I'm half dreading it/can't wait!
Well, I was about the 300th guy in the queue, and there must have been another 200 to go - so there wasn't much room for a chat. Did have a small friendly 'how are you', 'loved your book' etc. Yeah, it's really unusual, but I was kind of expecting that.

I'm staying in Westwood, Rootes was my first choice though! I'm going on Saturday and I can't wait to go, though I suppose I am nervous - just hope I get on with flatmates and that I find some nice friends! When are you going?
bubble11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've started reading My Sister's Keeper. I've only read about 40 pages of it and it's making me teary already.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished 'Class' by Jane Beaton. A nice 'fluffy' book for freshers week.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
Finished the great Gatsby about an hour ago. :yy:
Did you like it? I tried to read it but never got past the first chapter.

I'm reading Emma at the moment.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
Did you like it? I tried to read it but never got past the first chapter.

I'm reading Emma at the moment.

I had no choice but to read it as I'm doing it for A2 Literature!:p:
Others started it before me and were like 'We don't understand it!' and I have to agree some bits are confuzzling but most of the actual plot was fineee, and surprisingly I liked it, yes. My librarian at school was puzzled at my liking of it and said she'll read it again :p: But yeah I find it OK tbh .. maybe that'll change!:p:
I was frantically reading it last night like a mad woman - half the whole bloody book as I had English today but didn't even need it to be finished but never mind.

Cool on Emma, is that an Austen? I'm dying to read all that century's novels After a levels I shall be reading all of Austen's I hope:p: I did start on Jane Eyre a few weeks before school in the summer but obviously don't have time to read it now as I have other books to concentrate on !
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
I had no choice but to read it as I'm doing it for A2 Literature!:p:
Others started it before me and were like 'We don't understand it!' and I have to agree some bits are confuzzling but most of the actual plot was fineee, and surprisingly I liked it, yes. My librarian at school was puzzled at my liking of it and said she'll read it again :p: But yeah I find it OK tbh .. maybe that'll change!:p:
I was frantically reading it last night like a mad woman - half the whole bloody book as I had English today but didn't even need it to be finished but never mind.

Cool on Emma, is that an Austen? I'm dying to read all that century's novels After a levels I shall be reading all of Austen's I hope:p: I did start on Jane Eyre a few weeks before school in the summer but obviously don't have time to read it now as I have other books to concentrate on !
yep, Jane Austen. I prefer it to pride and prejudice actually though I'm not very far in. I'm slowly gonna work through them all as well. I wish I'd taken English A Level tbh... and done an english degree too, ho hum. I might do one when I retire. :yep:
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
yep, Jane Austen. I prefer it to pride and prejudice actually though I'm not very far in. I'm slowly gonna work through them all as well. I wish I'd taken English A Level tbh... and done an english degree too, ho hum. I might do one when I retire. :yep:

:five: Aw bless :p: I'm sure your love for English Lit. is still strong without the a level though..and sometimes people find the a level sucks out all their love for lit :p: but jane austen is just :coma: I remember when you hadn't even read pride and prejudice!:p:
Tink12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished Aesop's Fables :cool: Now I'm onto The Picture of Dorian Gray. Only read the first two chapters so far, but I'm liking it..
ecokid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Finished Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Watched the film on a recent transalantic flight and was pleasantly suprised. I had thought it was just a Sex and the City clone, but the film was in many ways a reverse of that disappointing brand dropping fest by ultimately questioning that sort of lifestyle. So i decided to get the book out. Boy, it makes
a huge difference being set in Britain. There are some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Next book is Oryx and Crake by Margaret Attwood :love:
jacar3000
Report 9 years ago
Just finished To The Lighthouse today, and now, to finish off my modernist month, I am about to start À la recherche du temps perdu
thethinker
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished Lolita; starting Sophie's World.
cubismdream
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thethinker)
Just finished Lolita
I'm planning on reading that soon, did you like it?

Demons is so utterly boring - so far. Dostoyevsky can be so hit and miss. Slightly away from the point, but I'm proud to be turning my friends into my literary protégées - one used to never read much, another used to read stuff like Twilight, and another used to...well, I dunno. I've got them into The Picture of Dorian Gray, War and Peace and The Bell Jar respectively.
thethinker
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cubismdream)
I'm planning on reading that soon, did you like it?
I loved it Though the second half was a bit confusing, everything else made up for it. Well worth reading. :yep:
cubismdream
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thethinker)
I loved it Though the second half was a bit confusing, everything else made up for it. Well worth reading. :yep:
Thanks!
headunderwater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Complete English Poems, John Donne.
*Supernova*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jacar3000)
Just finished To The Lighthouse today, and now, to finish off my modernist month, I am about to start À la recherche du temps perdu
Ooh let me know how you find it, I'm just about to start the first volume of Proust.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads