The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm reading Satre's 'Nausea'. It's good actually, a bit odd as you'd expect, but it's not like anything else I've read before.
andyyy
I don't think you should take the not-entirely-accurate account of an angry young man as your only source of information for an unbiased view on the Holocaust. I don't think it's a bad book or a book that's not worth reading, just not the only book on Holocaust that one should read.

I'm rereading Frankenstein. It's more interesting than I had remembered it. I think it's because the first time I read it I expected to be scared, now I think I'm more aware of bioethics and philosophy hints in general, so I expect to be engaged in a lively discussion.

It says you quoted me? :s-smilie:
Reply 7842
SilverDoe21
It says you quoted me? :s-smilie:

I'm sorry I didn't realize that I did. XD
Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You by Marcus Chown. Very interesting and easy to read. Highly recommended for all potential physics applicants.
Persuasion by Jane Austen :smile: It's the only Jane Austen book I've not read :O
Reply 7845
Mansfield Park, Jane Austen
Reply 7846
star_5
Mansfield Park, Jane Austen

What a coincidence, I'm watching the film right now.
Reply 7847
bobbyjayne
Persuasion by Jane Austen :smile: It's the only Jane Austen book I've not read :O

I'm reading Persuasion at the moment too and loving it :biggrin: I still need to read Mansfield Park.
This is a very Jane Austen-oriented page :sad: :no:
Reply 7849
Through the looking glass - Lewis Carroll.
Terry Pratchett - Guards! Guards!
Warren Buffett biography by Alice Schroeder
Reply 7853
I'm a Teacher, Get Me Out of Here - Francis Gilbert.
Gonna start To Kill a Mockingbird tonight.

It's been sat on my shelves for nine months and what better time to read it than it's 50th anniversary. Wish me luck...
Sir_Vile_Minds
Gonna start To Kill a Mockingbird tonight.

It's been sat on my shelves for nine months and what better time to read it than it's 50th anniversary. Wish me luck...

I just started reading To Kill a Mockingbird tonight too :smile: Not sure what I think of it yet.

I see you're a soon to be English & CW student :smile: I'm so jealous! I was hoping to be one for 2010 but have ended up having to apply for 2011 instead :sigh:
At the moment, I'm reading Stephen Fry's "Moab is My Washpot", since his second autobiography will be released shortly.
White Teeth by Zadie Smith. It's so good, I should have read it earlier.
bubble11
I just started reading To Kill a Mockingbird tonight too :smile: Not sure what I think of it yet.

I see you're a soon to be English & CW student :smile: I'm so jealous! I was hoping to be one for 2010 but have ended up having to apply for 2011 instead :sigh:

Got through 8 chapters last night. I'm already loving it. Think this is gonna be a quick read. It's a bit hefty in parts and confusing when the kids switch between Dad and Atticus/Sir. but I managed to catch on.
Just finished Sartre - Nausea (sorry for staining you with philosophy..)
Gonna start either Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights.... hmmm...

Latest

Trending

Trending