The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8460
The social contract. Its pretty good
Re-reading Emma, love that book so much!

Recently read the Hunger Games and loved it, but I'm busy buying Christmas/Birthday presents (loads of people have birthdays in December, including me) so I don't have money to buy the sequels, which is a nightmare, but every time I'm in Waterstones I pick up Catching Fire and read a bit more. :L Hopefully I'll get some book vouchers and then I'm buying those straight away.
Original post by AbiSmith93
Just about to start The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat :smile:

It's brilliant - I love it!
I have begun reading 'The Storm' by Vince Cable. I shall then move on to Homer's 'The Iliad'.
Reply 8464
When Money Dies: The nightmare of Weimar hyperinflation.

Finished it 20 minutes ago, came on here to scout out some new books to read next. I think I'll read another book from the Malazan books of the fallen.
The Man Alone: New and Selected Poems Michael Laskey
Reading Love In The Present Tense at the moment, by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The first time I read it in one night because I couldn't put it down. It's taking longer this time, several years later, but I'm still enjoying it just as much. One of my favourite books ever. I might try and pick up Pay It Forward next which is another one by her which is meant to be pretty good too.
Coram Boy, By Jamila Gavin. And yes I realise it's a children's book, but I don't care :tongue:. I've read it a couple of times before and love it, especially as it's based around where I live.
I've also been dipping into William Boyd's Dream Lover - a collection of his short stories. Boyd's one of my favourite authors, it's just a pity I've read all of his books now :/.
A thousand Splendid Suns
Reply 8469
The Shack - WM Paul Young
Original post by The Cornerstone
A thousand Splendid Suns

Such a fantastic book...I want to read it again, shame my Aunt seems to have stolen it :mad:
The Day of the Jackal
I have found my Sanctuary;
I've just finished reading Le Parfum, currently reading Lolita
Jay-Z's Decoded!

Got amazing reviews so decided to purchase it, can't put it down, he's had such an amazing life :smile:
Original post by The Cornerstone
A thousand Splendid Suns

My younger sister was telling me the storyline of that a couple of months ago and I burst out crying. Such a sad book =[
Reply 8475
I am reading Enduring Love by Ian McEwan at the minute :smile: Studying it for English Literature so have to finish it by January. Just got to Chapter 3. My friend (who doesn't do Eng Lit) read a couple of chapters a while back and said she hated it but I'm quite liking it at the moment. What did people think of it? PLEASE no spoilers. My English teacher spoiled The Great Gatsby for me and I don't want anyone spoiling this one this time :smile:
Kiss of the Spiderwoman by Manuel Puig. I have to read it for my course but it's actually really good.
Original post by S_123
I am reading Enduring Love by Ian McEwan at the minute :smile: Studying it for English Literature so have to finish it by January. Just got to Chapter 3. My friend (who doesn't do Eng Lit) read a couple of chapters a while back and said she hated it but I'm quite liking it at the moment. What did people think of it? PLEASE no spoilers. My English teacher spoiled The Great Gatsby for me and I don't want anyone spoiling this one this time :smile:

I really liked it. Have you read any other McEwan? Enduring Love middles in my favourites of his.
Original post by S_123

I agree with your friend there. I left reading the book after some 50 pages (it was last year, I think). :dry:

I loved Atonement but this was just poor and slightly confusing. There is a film on this novel as well. :huff:
Reply 8479
Original post by missygeorgia
I really liked it. Have you read any other McEwan? Enduring Love middles in my favourites of his.

No this is my first McEwan :smile: Might read Atonement after if I like this one. Heard a lot of it but don't actually know anything about it :p:

Original post by lonely14
I agree with your friend there. I left reading the book after some 50 pages (it was last year, I think). :dry:

I loved Atonement but this was just poor and slightly confusing. There is a film on this novel as well. :huff:

Yeah I think Daniel Craig was in it? Ah I guess it depends then. Hopefully I'll enjoy it since I have to study it :p:

Plus, I love how the book nerds are up at 2am :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending