Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsailor)
    L'Etranger by Albert Camus.

Michael
    Im reading the same, really enjoying it.

ReputationRep:
    Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut, tis awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Why would you read 6 books at the same time, with little variety in form and difficulty? I never understood how people can do that without it detracting from your reading experience. You don't watch 6 films at once, swapping from dvd to dvd after 20 minutes of each.
    The demands of A-level English literature at my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    The demands of A-level English literature at my college.
    Srsly? that's a lot of books to read for A Level, we only did, like, 2 a term

ReputationRep:
    the invisible man
    h.g wells

quite good but its getting rather pointless. so the mans invisble and he steals money i get it.

ReputationRep:
    Just about to start The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Srsly? that's a lot of books to read for A Level, we only did, like, 2 a term
    For some reason we're reading the coursework and examined texts at the same time with a different teacher for each one.

I'm in A2, but Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea are from the AS exam that i'm retaking (four marks off an A! :mad:).

Nineteen Eighty-Four is wider reading to relate to Oryx and Crake.

ReputationRep:
    Salem Falls for personal enjoyment & The Great Gatsby for school (-_-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    For some reason we're reading the coursework and examined texts at the same time with a different teacher for each one.

I'm in A2, but Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea are from the AS exam that i'm retaking (four marks off an A! :mad:).

Nineteen Eighty-Four is wider reading to relate to Oryx and Crake.

Pretty sweet list of books to read though, jealous
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The social contract. Its pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Re-reading Emma, love that book so much!

Recently read the Hunger Games and loved it, but I'm busy buying Christmas/Birthday presents (loads of people have birthdays in December, including me) so I don't have money to buy the sequels, which is a nightmare, but every time I'm in Waterstones I pick up Catching Fire and read a bit more. :L Hopefully I'll get some book vouchers and then I'm buying those straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbiSmith93)
    Just about to start The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat
    It's brilliant - I love it!

ReputationRep:
    I have begun reading 'The Storm' by Vince Cable. I shall then move on to Homer's 'The Iliad'.

ReputationRep:
    When Money Dies: The nightmare of Weimar hyperinflation.

Finished it 20 minutes ago, came on here to scout out some new books to read next. I think I'll read another book from the Malazan books of the fallen.

ReputationRep:
    The Man Alone: New and Selected Poems Michael Laskey

ReputationRep:
    Reading Love In The Present Tense at the moment, by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The first time I read it in one night because I couldn't put it down. It's taking longer this time, several years later, but I'm still enjoying it just as much. One of my favourite books ever. I might try and pick up Pay It Forward next which is another one by her which is meant to be pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Coram Boy, By Jamila Gavin. And yes I realise it's a children's book, but I don't care . I've read it a couple of times before and love it, especially as it's based around where I live.
    I've also been dipping into William Boyd's Dream Lover - a collection of his short stories. Boyd's one of my favourite authors, it's just a pity I've read all of his books now :/.

ReputationRep:
    A thousand Splendid Suns

ReputationRep:
    The Shack - WM Paul Young

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    A thousand Splendid Suns
    Such a fantastic book...I want to read it again, shame my Aunt seems to have stolen it :mad:

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.