Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmckn)
    Hmm I think I might read it outside of class...
    Do, it's worth it.

I've just finished The Picture Of Dorian Gray, which I loved for the most part. Oscar Wilde's style and vocabulary are so sexy.

Now I'm onto Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov. So far so good..

ReputationRep:
    "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen!
    It's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Just started Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro. Very much enjoying it so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    The Hobbit, yesterday i bought the Lord of the Rings trilogy for when i finish reading the hobbit
    I finished reading that recently, quite enjoyed it. :yep: No idea when I'll start reading LOTR, though - I have too many other unread books to get through.

BTW, thanks to whoever thumbed-up my last post. :top: Harry Hill fan, I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf

And it's boring the hell out of me :hmpf:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sons and Lovers - D.H Lawrence, hoping to finish it by the end of the week!

ReputationRep:
    Jane Austen - Persuasion

ReputationRep:
    La Catedral del Mar by Ildefonso Halcones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    Jane Austen - Persuasion
    One of my favourite Austen novels I think my all time favourite would have to be Emma though. There's just something about falling in love with your best friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    One of my favourite Austen novels I think my all time favourite would have to be Emma though. There's just something about falling in love with your best friend
    I've only just started reading it, partially because I'm also reading Livin' the Dreem, and anything by Harry Hill is best enjoyed in moderation, rather than all in one go. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    I've only just started reading it, partially because I'm also reading Livin' the Dreem, and anything by Harry Hill is best enjoyed in moderation, rather than all in one go. :cool:
    Haha yeah, i've heard good things about that book. I need to get it after exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    Just started Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro. Very much enjoying it so far!
    i've been searching my local library for that, but alas, they haven't a copy.
    i read one of his books though, a pale view of hills, and i liked it! it was a very easy read.

anyway.. i'm reading the shining by stephen king. first book of his that i'm reading and i didn't even know the shining was a book. ha. so far so good. it's quite a page turner actually.

ReputationRep:
    Annoyingly, i'm pegging it through the Lovely Bones for the second time. (Have to read it for wider reading..) It's just really overrated and just bloody annoying. Liked it much more as a less critical 12 year old.

ReputationRep:
    The River King by Alice Hoffman is my current book. I'm just passing the time until I get to the library and/or bookshop for something new to read.

ReputationRep:
    Linwood Barclay "Fear the worst" his first book was awesome and it just keeps getting better and better I'm now on his third book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Voynich manuscript - if that even counts.
    Isn't that effectively reading a picture book, for all we understand it?

Right now I'm reading Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Essentially, yeah. Still, it's an interesting thing to 'read', you always carry the vain hope that you may decipher it. :moon:
    I think xkcd knocked it on the head by decided it's totally ancient rules for a role playing game, so you've been beaten to it.

ReputationRep:
    When We Were Orphans BY author Kazuo Ishiguro,

ReputationRep:
    Any Human Heart by William Boyd. I really don't like the idea of being inspired to read a book because of the TV adaptation, but, it was tremendous and so is the novel so far. So much so that I find myself reading it instead of revising!

ReputationRep:

:sexface:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2011
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.