Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading "The Strangest Man". A biography on the quantum physicist, Paul Dirac.

AMAZING BOOK.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    Nice
    I'm guessing you've read Forever War then. How did you find it?? (no spoilers please). I only started reading it yesterday.
    I honestly thought it was terrific, it does lack a bit of depth but even so, I pretty much read it in one sitting.

A friend of mine didn't appreciate it at all though, so I dunno, I guess might not be for everyone.

Very helpful, aren't I?

ReputationRep:
    The Count of Monte Cristo. Very, very good book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)
    I honestly thought it was terrific, it does lack a bit of depth but even so, I pretty much read it in one sitting.

A friend of mine didn't appreciate it at all though, so I dunno, I guess might not be for everyone.

Very helpful, aren't I?
    People have different tastes I guess :dontknow:
    I've read about 30 pages and I was liked it, its a bit slow at the start but I guess it'll move faster during the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    People have different tastes I guess :dontknow:
    I've read about 30 pages and I was liked it, its a bit slow at the start but I guess it'll move faster during the middle.
    Yeah, it does get better
    Hope you enjoy it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tasha~)
    Aww! Same!
    I've read wuthering heights, but I might start Pride and Prejudice soon
    Oh, you'll find that Jane Eyre is better than Wuthering Heights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)
    Yeah, it does get better
    Hope you enjoy it anyway
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Just finished reading "The Strangest Man". A biography on the quantum physicist, Paul Dirac.

AMAZING BOOK.
    I'm interested in this one, you clearly recommend it?

I'm currently reading 'The Welfare State We're In'.

ReputationRep:
    Harlan Coben - Caught

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas.

Still only on the second section but so farsie, so goodsie - I'm really enjoying the "Russian Doll" structure, and the writing style is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-jc123)
    Oh, you'll find that Jane Eyre is better than Wuthering Heights
    How is it better, I'm reading wuthering heights at the moment seems good, I've thought about reading Jane Eyre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scireamortente)
    How is it better, I'm reading wuthering heights at the moment seems good, I've thought about reading Jane Eyre.
    I think the character of Jane Eyre is more likable and relatable than Cathy. Not that I don't like Wuthering Heights, I was just more emotionally invested in Jane Eyre.

ReputationRep:
    Djeck London - "White tusk" It`s very impressiving!

ReputationRep:
    I've seen everyone post really "educational" books, and "classics", but I'm reading a bit of chick lit at the moment, "Angels" by Marian Keyes. It's pretty good so far, keeps me occupied on trains, waiting for lectures and such.

I'd read nothing but Psychology related books since I got back to uni after Christmas, and it was driving me absolutely crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    Djeck London - "White tusk" It`s very impressiving!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I am reading 5 books depending on the mood I am -
    Alexander Solzhenitsin - Cancer Department
    Dan Simpson - Hiperion
    Joseph Heller - Paragraf 22
    Tom Holand - Vampire
    William Gibson - Nevromantic

ReputationRep:
    I am currently reading Confessions of a Teenage Baboon by Paul Zindel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethC)
    "44 Scotland Street" by Alexander McCall Smith
    Is it good? I have some of these books as I love the ladies detective agency. Haven't got round to reading them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Is it good?
    I only started it yesterday (would have been the only one I picked up not on the 3 for 2 deal! so i ended up buying 4 ) but it's pretty good so far, easy to read!

One of the characters is really annoying me, but worth giving it a go I'd say, especially if you liked his other series

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.