(Original post by concubine)
As far as newer stuff goes:

Edelman's Jump 225 Trilogy
Hamilton's Commonwealth Saga
Simmons' Ilium/Olympos
Banks' Culture novels
Mcdonald's The Dervish House

And 12937198237012 other books. ;p
Thank you, kind sir. I shall be purchasing Hammilton's Commonwealth Saga! However, I only just bought 'The Blade Itself' by Joe Abercrombie, so I'll read that first. Then I'll begin the Commonwealth Saga.

So much to read, so little time!
Dreamseeker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by asdfz)
The curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon. Kinda feel like reading The catcher in the rye
I love the Curious Incident! I'm not autistic, but I felt like I could connect with whats-his-name... (it's been too long) Was a very good book.
FuzzySheep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am slowly abandoning Emma for Never Let Me Go which is great so far.
Dizzy94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Jack reacher series by Lee Child - yes im a girl
HKDSP
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My history textbook -.-
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Noam Chomsky's 'Hopes and Prospects'.

Highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in history or politics. It will rock your world Really challenged lots of my preconceptions concerning recent world history. Just published so contains analysis of the Haiti earthquake amongst hundreds of fascinating revelations.
Azzie_May
Badges: 3
Report 7 years ago
Physics of the Impossible - Michio Kaku

Kind of vaguely reading the Eragon series, on Eldest, haven't actually got very far into it yet

Ooh and flicking through The Second Book of General Ignorance too
asdfz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dreamseeker)
I love the Curious Incident! I'm not autistic, but I felt like I could connect with whats-his-name... (it's been too long) Was a very good book.
His name is Christopher, yeah the boy could remember up to the 7057th prime number :eek: I'm just on the 50th+ page
xelarose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Far From the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
The Duchess of Malfi - John Webster

Because i'm taking English Literature, any reading I do is for that which gets tough when your theme is "Love Through the Ages". Getting a little sick of reading Shakespeare and McEwen by now haha :p: But still, makes for good reading I guess

I've compiled a list of summer books to read, no literary greats but some good ones like "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "P.S. I Love You" :p:
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just found an old copy of The Very Hungry Caterpiller, yay!

NeonIndian
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The End of the Affair- Graham Greene. On Book Five now, tbh been a bit disappointed with it, they're both madly in love with one another but waste it all by spending too much time pondering over one anothers lives. Then its too late and Sarah dies. I might try another Greene novel, anyone got any suggestions?
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ecstasy - Irvine Welsh
Historiana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finished reading A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks last night.

Cried a lot

Going onto Brighton Rock by Graham Greene now.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just started reading the last Harry Potter book. I'm just curious to see how accurately the films will portray it, as I love the series as a whole! :holmes:
JDesole
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's the second of the 'Hunger Games' series.

Soon there's going to be a movie about the series and I'm looking forward to it because I love these books.
sanksta
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'The Beast in the Jungle' by Henry James
Ok, it's a novella as it's only 75 pages long but it's taking me a worrying amount of time to finish...
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've started in the last 2 weeks; A Canticle for Leibowitz (think that's the name), The Postman, Edgar Allen Poe Horror Stories (these aren't as good as the first two books, as they are written in an antiquated style and Poe seems to resolve every single problem by walling it up; The Cask of Amontillado, Fall of the House of Usher, The Black Cat)
I've been reading David Copperfield intermittently for the last 5 months, but keep losing my page, and it's too depressing to try and find it again
Best book I've read recently is Bonfire of the Vanities; consider it recommended.
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
Noam Chomsky's 'Hopes and Prospects'.

Highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in history or politics. It will rock your world Really challenged lots of my preconceptions concerning recent world history. Just published so contains analysis of the Haiti earthquake amongst hundreds of fascinating revelations.
Send me your copy when you are done and I promise to read it.
Cheesecakefactory
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How to give great Anal.

I'm really learning things from it.
Boobies.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tess Gerritsen, The Surgeon.

Again.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads