The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm reading 'A brief history of secret societies' by David V Barrett and 'Blackout' by Chris Ryan... Both are awsome :smile:
'Vanishing Acts' by Jodi Picoult - doesn't seem as good as other books i have read by her, but maybe it just takes a while to get into.
Also reading 'The Journal of Mortifying Moments' by Robyn Harding.
Reply 9682
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I did buy it half way through the month with the aim to finish it by the start of May. Not going to happen.
Emma, Jane Austen
I'm actually quite looking forward to when my exams are over just so I can start reading for pleasure again.
Captain Britain: The Birth of a Legend. Yes, it's a comic book. :cool:
Reply 9686

The perks of being a wallflower for the 3rd time
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde. I really enjoyed The Eyre Affair though it took me a while to get into, Lost in a Good Book is even better!
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It's taken a while to get into but it's worth it, really good so far :smile:
Original post by oodlesofpoodles
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It's taken a while to get into but it's worth it, really good so far :smile:

I have that sitting in my room waiting to be read. Given that I'm currently reading Moby Dick, it's length is a little intimidating. Definitely gonna read a few much shorter books before starting it, but it's good to know it should be worthwhile.
Narcissus and Goldmund by Hermann Hesse
Original post by Mojojoejoe91
I'm actually quite looking forward to when my exams are over just so I can start reading for pleasure again.

This was my plan...but I gave in!

I'm reading 'Sing You Home', Jodi Picoult's latest novel. It's brilliant, as all her books are in my opinion :smile:

Edit: Seriously, why the neg...?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9692
Freefall by Joseph Stiglitz
Finished The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir last night (Utterly hated how repetitive it was!) and am now halfway through Brighton Rock by Graham Greene.
(edited 13 years ago)
Because I have to: 1984 (again!), Orwell
Because I want to: 'A Short History of Nearly Everything' - Bill Bryson. Bought this one on the recommendation of my biology teacher. Should make for some light reading as exam time approaches.

Ah, can't wait to spend the summer reading. It's been too long!
Original post by SomethingWicked
Because I have to: 1984 (again!), Orwell
Because I want to: 'A Short History of Nearly Everything' - Bill Bryson. Bought this one on the recommendation of my biology teacher. Should make for some light reading as exam time approaches.

Ah, can't wait to spend the summer reading. It's been too long!

I really loved Short History when I read it. I should really re-read it again sometime.
The Philip Norman "John Lennon" biography, it's fantastic.
Reply 9697
The Iliad.
Silas Marner
The Common Lawyer by Mark Gimenez. Not highly academic, but I'm really enjoying it since I rarely get a chance to read for pleasure anymore.

Original post by Acromida
This was my plan...but I gave in!

I'm reading 'Sing You Home', Jodi Picoult's latest novel. It's brilliant, as all her books are in my opinion :smile:

Love Jodi Picoult. House Rules was one of the only books that made me cry (although it was perhaps a little too predictable). I'm not sure whether Sing Me Home really appeals to me though, after reading the blurb.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending