Turn on thread page Beta

What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    the lost art of keeping secrets-eva rice

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading "Muhammad" by Martin Lings (excellent book) and now something fictional: "The glass Palace" by Amitav Ghosh

ReputationRep:
    The Unconsoled - Kazuo Ishiguro

Wasn't convinced at first, but once you stop resisting the weirdness it's a fantastic read

ReputationRep:
    Just finished 'The World According to Clarkson'. Not sure what i'm going to start on next.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished The Time Traveller's Wife several days ago. It was really good! Now I'm going on to Arthur and George by Julian Barnes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joolux05)
    Yes yes yes yes yes good good good.
    his best book by far, I've read most of the others, but his style gets on your nerves after a while so I've stopped.
    Murakami is really variable though, imo. I read the Elephant Vanishes, thought it was great, then Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, which I thought was fantastic - then Norweigan Wood which was a bit mediocre, and most recently Kafka on the Shore which I didn't much like at all...
    I think he's perhaps best when he sticks to episodic stories

Currently reading: The turn of the screw - Henry James

ReputationRep:
    Priestess of the White! Trudi Canavan.

ReputationRep:
    Started a new book today, and I'm very impressed so far. It's part of The Pendragon Cycle by Stephen Lawhead, and the book itself is called Taliesin. Very nice start!

Picked it up in an Oxfam bookstore for £2 lol. Well worth it!

ReputationRep:
    this side of paradise- f. scott fitzgerald
    mrs. dalloway- virginia wolf
    northanger abbey- jane austin

all of them are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Blindness, by Jose Saramago. It's very good; very sad, but I hear it gets more uplifting later on. I'd forgotton how great it is to read a really excellent book.

ReputationRep:
    The People of Sparks by Jeanne Duprau (i think that how you spell the first name) its the sequel to The City of Ember. Im liking it so far

ReputationRep:
    I just finished "Over the Edge" by Jonathan Kellerman. There's nothing i really want to read next - maybe Salem's Lot but i find i haven't enough time.

ReputationRep:
    In Search of Shrodingers cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardrox)

Is it as good as her Magician's Guild books?

Changes for the Chalet School - Elinor M Brent Dyer

Its okay - has teh same compelling style of writing. There are many similarities in the writing styles (unsurprisingly), as well as in certain mentor/student relationships

ReputationRep:
    Peace Kills : America's Fun New Imperialism - PJ O'Rourke.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Jones - I forget the name

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading the bookseller of kabul. Really interesting. Kind of sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    Just finished reading the bookseller of kabul. Really interesting. Kind of sad.
    My mum's got that, I keep meaning to read it. Good to recieve some additional recommendations.

ReputationRep:
    Human Traces - Sebastian Faulks

ReputationRep:
    Death and the Penguin - Andrey Kurkov

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.