What book are you reading now? Watch

This discussion is closed.
bobbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ariadne)
Not so much - I read a couple last year when I went through a complete 'celebrity stalker' faze :rolleyes: but now they just irritate me. People who write books just to brag about how great/terrible their life was need to get one. I read a lot of 'faction' though - my pathetic excuse for the amount of rubbish I read!
sci-fi books are great even though they are fiction they are based on scientific fact and scientific theories.:cool:
galactic_star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Zahir by Paulo Coelho

s hemmy
Report 12 years ago
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
wilbur
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by s hemmy)
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
I love that novel! Are you enjoying it so far?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Currently reading a book called Banewreaker which I picked up from the library today. I can't remember the name of the author off-hand, though. It seemed like some obscure fantasy that sounded good .
Mina2420
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Right now Im reading Joseph Stiglitz and Andrew Charlton's "Fair Trade For All" ..Well up to now I can easily say that Joseph Stiglitz is one of the best economists of all time.. I love this man
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Life of Pi by Yann Martel...again
jomo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'Gone With the Wind' ~ Margaret Mitchell. Long book, soooo worth it. <3
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Color Purple by Alice Walker and Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette Winterson.
s hemmy
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wilbur)
I love that novel! Are you enjoying it so far?
it's brilliant! i'm reading it again because it's so amazing. even though i knew what was going to happen to anna, i couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed with the ending.

(Original post by jomo)
'Gone With the Wind' ~ Margaret Mitchell. Long book, soooo worth it.
gone with the wind's a classic. how far along are you?
aronl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im reading The Source - James A. Michener, its really good not sure if you can still buy it though.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've just finished Banewreaker - excellent book - and am now about to start David Gemmel's The Last Guardian. It's the second book in the Jon Shannow trilogy. I can't wait to start it
PunkiePixie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Reading two simultaneously, im a book wh*re :p:! Mark Tully - The heart of India and Kafka on the Shore - Murakami
x-Jodie-x
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I started reading Anne Frank: Diary of a young girl, and Girl, Interrupted at the same time. I just finished Anne Frank today and am going to finish Girl, Interrupted tonight =)
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In the Miso Soup - Ryu Murakami

Almost finished, pretty amazing and intense book so far
macintosh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
harry potter and the order of the phoenix. AGAIN for like the 2943748749874th time :cool:
Crazy Mongoose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by macintosh)
harry potter and the order of the phoenix. AGAIN for like the 2943748749874th time :cool:
To be honest, i really haven't bothered. I would rather re-read the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Goblet of Fire for maybe the sixth (seventh?) time than re-read Order of the Pheonix or Half-blood Prince even once. The series has gone really down-hill in my opinion.
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just finished Scoop, Evelyn Waugh (which I always want to pronounce 'woof'). Great fun, made me laugh out loud.
Tzara
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm currently on chapter 47 of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

I've had it since August, but only got round to reading it this week. It's really good so far.
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Crazy Mongoose)
To be honest, i really haven't bothered. I would rather re-read the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Goblet of Fire for maybe the sixth (seventh?) time than re-read Order of the Pheonix or Half-blood Prince even once. The series has gone really down-hill in my opinion.
I agree i didnt like Order of the pheonix one bit, but actualy thought Half-blood Prince was ALOT better. No where near as good as Chamber of Secrets or Goblet of Fire, but still good, even a little better than the first one.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise