This discussion is closed.
Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by **noooni**)
Like how?
Ooh, have you read the book then? Because I've just finished it and I would love to know how other ppl found it and felt about it.
donniedarko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've just finished 'A Time to Kill' By John Grisham, now moving on "Tricky Business" lol its funny
**noooni**
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Ooh, have you read the book then? Because I've just finished it and I would love to know how other ppl found it and felt about it.
Nope, i checked it out of the library and so il be reading it next. Was it good?
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope, i checked it out of the library and so il be reading it next. Was it good?
Yes it's very insightful about how Sylvia, represented as Esther in the book, felt and some of what she experienced. How did you come across Sylvia then?
**noooni**
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes it's very insightful about how Sylvia, represented as Esther in the book, felt and some of what she experienced. How did you come across Sylvia then?
Well i read alot of her poetry after i saw the film 'Sylvia'
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well i read alot of her poetry after i saw the film 'Sylvia'
Is that film narrative or informative as non-fictitious about her then?^o)
**noooni**
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is that film narrative or informative as non-fictitious about her then?^o)
Its a biographical film. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Sylvia. Its very good, it really gets you interested in her character, which is why i wanted to read Bell Jar.
Twiglet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Book I'm reading at the moment: Homer - Odyssey

Don't try reading all the Dan Brown books in a row, I did, apart from having a very numb bottom at the end, the structure of the stories are all the same - you have the same evil man hates woman, loves woman end. Having said that, they must have been ok cos i read them all!! Did think Da Vinci Code needs another chapter on the end tho - for proper falling in love :rolleyes:

franks xxx
Renza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
~The Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice (almost finished)
~The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S Lewis (I'm rereading the whole of the Narnia Chronicles)
~ William Wallace: The True Story of Braveheart - Chris Brown (almost finished)
~ The American Presidents - James M. McPherson
Crazy Mongoose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by franks)
Book I'm reading at the moment: Homer - Odyssey

Don't try reading all the Dan Brown books in a row, I did, apart from having a very numb bottom at the end, the structure of the stories are all the same - you have the same evil man hates woman, loves woman end. Having said that, they must have been ok cos i read them all!! Did think Da Vinci Code needs another chapter on the end tho - for proper falling in love :rolleyes:

franks xxx
Really? I'm reading at the moment, and i had no idea they were going to fall in love! </sarcasm>
Sheen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It by stephen king
yo-less
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AlmostInsane)
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, to see if it differs from the film at all.
Is it better/as good as the movie?
Axiom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fyodor Dostoyevsky- The Brothers Karamazov
emilyylime04
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Composition in Black and White - The Life of Philippa Schuyler
By Kathryn Talalay
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm now reading If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern. When I first started I was a bit disappointed because it's about an imaginary friend (not what I expected!) but I'm getting into it now!
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Wrestling Season by Laurie Brooks and Russell Smith (It's a play)
Dragonshorts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Athena)
Autumn Term by Antonia Forest. Didn't realise til I brought it that it's part of along series, most of which is out of print... Ebay here I come...
I have (and love) End Of Term. My mum bought it aages ago to read it to me because my name is Nicola, and I still like to reread it every so often! Do you know how many are in the series? Id quite like to try and get hold of some too.
Superman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ive just started reading Goodfellas by Nicholas Pileggi. I saw the film about two years ago so im hoping the book will be as good.
wilbur
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'Vile Bodies' by Evelyn Waugh. Have already read 'Scoop!' and really enjoyed it, so hope great things of this.
HipsAndHearts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads