What book are you reading now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually reading "books"; more like plays, which are:

1) The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare
    2) An Enemy of the People by Ibsen
    3) A Man for All Seasons by Robert Bolt

ReputationRep:
    **** and Bull, Will Self. Absolutely fantastic but I shouldn't really be reading when my exams are going to start in less than a week. Also going to start Motel Life by Willy Vlautin soon.

ReputationRep:
    just finished 'the prime of miss jean brodie' by muriel sparks. it was brilliant.
    have to really stop reading though, it's interfering with revision!

ReputationRep:
    I'm now reading 'Honeymoon' by James Patterson. I owuldn;t normally read those type of books, but I was desperate for a read and my mum gave me this one! So far it's really good... reall gripping, makes you want to read more!

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have several books on the go at the moment. I'm reading or rereading:

Lucretius' De Rerum Natura; Seneca's Epistulae Morales; Nietzche's The Birth of Tragedy; and the satires of Persius.

ReputationRep:
    A Midsummer Night's Dream- Shakespeare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svidrigailov)
    I seem to have several books on the go at the moment. I'm reading or rereading:

Lucretius' De Rerum Natura; Seneca's Epistulae Morales; Nietzche's The Birth of Tragedy; and the satires of Persius.
    Fun.

ReputationRep:
    'Hamlet'. Slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Once I'm done with finals I will be finaling finishing "The Da Vinci Codes"... if you haven't you must read "Angels and Demons" so so good!

ReputationRep:
    Lord of the Flies - William Golding. Just about to start it, really excited since reading the blurb and what people have said about it.

ReputationRep:
    the godfather - Puzo
    My second time! (GREAT!)

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading Doteovsky's The Idiot...a truely amazing book, and only took me three months to read! I also read A Scanner Darkly, a present from a friend - not as good as i thought it would bee. I am reading Beckett at the minute, its not perfect bedtime reading, but intresting none the less. The next book on my list? Another present from a Friend, Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenence - Robert M Pirsig

UFOs Are Here!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently reading...
    Sourcery - Terry Pratchett
    Pryor Convictions - Richard Pryor
    Witching Hour - Anne Rice
    I, Robot - Issac Asimov
    Burning Chrome - William Gibson
    Stupid White Men - Michael Moore

ReputationRep:
    The Eyes of God - a fantasy by John Marco
    LOTR - Tolkin
    The Long Way Round - Ewan McGregor
    The Lovely Bones - Alice Seybond

And others which im sure ill pick back up sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    I'm currently reading...
    Sourcery - Terry Pratchett
    Pryor Convictions - Richard Pryor
    Witching Hour - Anne Rice
    I, Robot - Issac Asimov
    Burning Chrome - William Gibson
    Stupid White Men - Michael Moore

also thought its worth mentioning to everyone that not only is he reading a ridiculous number of books, but he keeps buying new ones and his room is slowly becoming just one big book shelf. Wouldnt mind if he was actually getting around to reading them :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored so I'm rereading The Princess and the Pauper by Kate Brian - good book tho. I like her prologue...
    :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    Charles Darwin - ...Natural Selection
    The Bible (most unreadle book ive ever had, just reading it so i can argue with my mum )
    Oscar Wilde- A woman of no importance

(Original post by Lauren Hart)
    The Eyes of God - a fantasy by John Marco
    LOTR - Tolkin
    The Long Way Round - Ewan McGregor
    The Lovely Bones - Alice Seybond

And others which im sure ill pick back up sooner or later
    Ewan McGreggor?!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    A Scanner Darkly - Philip K ****

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.