Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    William Ash- Under The Wire ( I think thats what it is called)

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading two..

Empress Orchid by Anchee Min

and

Our Lady of the Forest by David Guterson

ReputationRep:
    Martin Chuzzlwit - Charles Dickens

It's my first Dickens so I don't know if I've made a terrible mistake :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded - Simon Winchester

ReputationRep:
    I'm now reading "The Invisible Girl" by Peter Barham. I've only just started it though.

ReputationRep:
    John Steinbeck - Tortilla Flat.... seems quite good so far Was wrote during the time of the Great Depression...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NViasko)
    John Steinbeck - Tortilla Flat.... seems quite good so far Was wrote during the time of the Great Depression...
    have you read "the grapes of wrath" by steinbeck?

ReputationRep:
    The Life of Pi

ReputationRep:
    kafka- the metamorphosis

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to read next but i'll probably read Lord of the Rings : The Fellowship of the Ring again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simatemcprimate)
    I'm not sure what to read next but i'll probably read Lord of the Rings : The Fellowship of the Ring again!
    Thats the first book I read after a long (Long) break - and it was great!

Reading at the mo:

Rainbow Six - Tom Clancy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s hemmy)
    have you read "the grapes of wrath" by steinbeck?
    Nope... Although I've read 'Of Mice and Men' (At school).

ReputationRep:
    The Count of Monte Cristo

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished Memoirs of a Geisha

ReputationRep:
    Is it good? I'm intrigued. I bought this book ages ago but havent got round to reading it yet, as i've had other books to read first, i've heard mixed reviews about it so was wondering what you thought?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~vicki~*)
    Is it good? I'm intrigued. I bought this book ages ago but havent got round to reading it yet, as i've had other books to read first, i've heard mixed reviews about it so was wondering what you thought?
    one of my sisters who hates reading, actually finished reading it. so it must be good :p:

ReputationRep:
    Memoirs Of A Geisha is pretty special, in my opinion anyway

ReputationRep:
    Just something I picked up randomly in the library the other day: Traitor's Sword by... someone I don't know. I've yet to start it, actually - I think I might go and have a read of it now. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NViasko)
    Nope... Although I've read 'Of Mice and Men' (At school).
    :rolleyes: Of Mice and Men! Didn't really enjoy that book - found it a little dull and depressing haha. Not quite my cup of tea, I think - too full of hidden symbology and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    Since for the next 15 months I'm on a waster gap "year", I intend to read at least five books a week in order to prevent lapsing into "average" intelligence. I'm about to start on Kafka.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.