The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Wizard's First Rule polished off, got a couple on the go now.

Restaurant At The End Of The Universe - Douglas Adams
Inheritance - Simon Brown (I think)
Tourist Season - Carl Hiaasen
Gulliver's Travels

school summer reading

i hate it. its sooo stupid. i mean he pees on a house and gets thrown out. and he describes EVERYTHING. aarghly. the only interesting thing thathe didnt describe was the battle. bleh
Starsailor
L'Etranger by Albert Camus.

Michael

i read that
i liked it
:biggrin:
Atonement- Ian McEwan
James Joyce's A portrait of the artist as a young man. Difficult to get into, to say the least.
Che Guevara's Bolivian Diary
A Brief history - Bill Bryson
Moving Pictures - Terry Pratchett
Northern Lights - Philip Pullman for the 3rd time
Reply 1787
Victime de la mode
The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - douglas adams

I'm reading that now. Love the writing style, have often laughed at it making my family think I'm a bit strange. Ah well

I'm also reading Notes on a Scandal - Zoe Heller
bourne supremacy-
How weird, I just came to the thread to say I am reading the Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.
rewmck
How weird, I just came to the thread to say I am reading the Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.
:five: oh thanks thats what the authors called :biggrin:

i havent read bourne identity, but bourne supremacy is pretty good so far!
Reply 1791
La Reine Margot - Alexandre Dumas
I adore the style.
Reply 1792
Banana Yoshimoto - Kitchen
Reply 1793
If nobody speaks of remarkable things - jon mcgregor
On Beauty - Zadie Smith...really enjoying it sofar despite never really getting into White Teeth.
Reply 1795
What Matters Most Is How Well You Walk Through The Fire by Charles Bukowski. Without any doubt, one of the most enjoyable poetry collections I've ever read.
Sabriel- Garth Nix

brought that book ages ago and recently found it in my wardrobe,cant believe i havent read it earlier,its great!
Scar Tissue- Anthony Kiedis

And i think i may well start to read one of my new geology books, just in case i get into university (i'm having a bit of a low self esteem and belief day and don't see it happening)... so snowball earth by gabrielle walker here we come!

Lou
xxx
Hanging on to Max- Margaret Bechard
Reply 1799
I finished Crime and Punishment yesterday and have now moved onto Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy) which I'm enjoying so far (p78).

Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately :smile:) I have far too many new books than I can read in any sensible length of time - curse amazon!

Latest

Trending

Trending