Turn on thread page Beta

Flash MX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a investigation into Macromedia Flash MX, it's uses, current market exposure, and the financial restrictions of it.

Anyone know of some sources of information (apart from Digit, Computer Arts and Macromedia), or examples of it's use? Please send links to specific pages, not just parent pages.

Thanks,

Adam

ReputationRep:
    Somebody post, please! This is becomming depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, how can you view a page in ASP - it's a server side language so you never actually see any of it - Just the HTML.

I prefer HTML, but I think flash or shockwave can be used pretty well for parts, just as long as the entire site dosn't depend on them. Don't really have much info on flash as I don't use it much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Uh, how can you view a page in ASP - it's a server side language so you never actually see any of it - Just the HTML.

I prefer HTML, but I think flash or shockwave can be used pretty well for parts, just as long as the entire site dosn't depend on them. Don't really have much info on flash as I don't use it much.
    Yeah, sorry, I was a little unclear on that one. What I meant was sites that USE Servicer-Side languages, to create interactive apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)

Do you find that the use of Flash on websites is fustrating, or worth the hassel? I mean, Flash can be used to creat e some really rich and innovative applications. On the other hand, it can be totally over-the-top, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    Do you find that the use of Flash on websites is fustrating, or worth the hassel? I mean, Flash can be used to creat e some really rich and innovative applications. On the other hand, it can be totally over-the-top, no?
    I always find in annoying - but that's partly because I use Mozilla with the flash click to play add-in to block all the flash ads. So I don't mind clicking once to see something clever done in flash but I don't want to have to click on every page just to get the navigation bar.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a investigation into Macromedia Flash MX, it's uses, current market exposure, and the financial restrictions of it.

Anyone know of some sources of information (apart from Digit, Computer Arts and Macromedia), or examples of it's use? Please send links to specific pages, not just parent pages.

Thanks,

Adam
    http://www.flashkit.com loads and loads of flash!

ReputationRep:
    Flash is very useful the problem is it can slow-down loading and the performance of web pages. Being a webdesigner instead of making a complete flash site i think the use of flash should be used in moderation for a menu or something within a HTML page

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.