The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sarah7
Enid Blyton for me too. The Faraway Tree series. FANTASTIC.

Was a big Roald Dahl fan too - The Twits and The Witches were my favourites I think.

Oh, and of course, when I was a bit older the Sweet Valley High books were ACE. :

Hey! i have the same favourites, except for The Twits, which i haven't read.
Reply 41
Haha, all of the above -- i'd read about 10 books a week...

When I was little, it was books by Janet and Allen Ahlberg(sp) -- Burglar Bill, The Jolly Postman, and then there were those "The Trouble with........." books, about mums and dads and grannies etc where they all turned out to be aliens.

Favourite of all time had to be Dogger (i cried every time)
Reply 42
Famous Five.

Grimms fairy Tales is still one of my favs
Reply 43
enid blyton's the best! i still take the books out to read once in awhile.. :p:
Reply 44
(Authors as I cannot recall all the titles) Roald Dahl (rhymes hehe), Quentin Blake, Beatrix Potter, Brothers Grimm, Chronicles of Narnia (love, love ,love), Paul Jennings, Leon Garfield,Little Women and all those that follow it, A.A Milne (poetry), Spike Milligan...
'The Whale Song' is beautiful....
Jayjayjay
Chronicles of Narnia (love, love ,love)

I loved th chronicles of narnia, especially 'the horse and his boy' and 'the magicians nephew' they just had a different vibe to the others.
THE ANIMORPHS ROCKED! :cool:
oh yeah and beaver towers!!! dont remember da author but remember 'phlipip!!'
Reply 47
darth_vader05
THE ANIMORPHS ROCKED! :cool:
oh yeah and beaver towers!!! dont remember da author but remember 'phlipip!!'

:eek: HOW did I forget those - great stuff!
i think i remember beaver towers, what was it about?
I used to read Malory towers, Enid Blyton i think! Loved them and I also used to read point horror and point romance books!
ayaan
i think i remember beaver towers, what was it about?

i think it was about a boy call philip- and i remember a witch. i think he flew on his kite one day and arrived at this tower and had to help the residents of the tower!
i used 2 love the baby beaver!

(btw dont take my word for anything- i have a tendency 2 make up things i forget :biggrin: )
The Narnia books, Lord of the Rings (yes, before the darn films), Watership Down and many more. I read anything then.
darth_vader05
i think it was about a boy call philip- and i remember a witch. i think he flew on his kite one day and arrived at this tower and had to help the residents of the tower!
i used 2 love the baby beaver!

(btw dont take my word for anything- i have a tendency 2 make up things i forget :biggrin: )

I think i remember some books about a boy called philip, there was a witch involved-evil, and some sort of mammalian creature that could talk, he had to save them from said evil witch and there may have been a kite involved.

was this boy about 6-7 or very young?
ayaan
I think i remember some books about a boy called philip, there was a witch involved-evil, and some sort of mammalian creature that could talk, he had to save them from said evil witch and there may have been a kite involved.

was this boy about 6-7 or very young?

i think he was a bit older than that- i think he was 9
darth_vader05
i think he was a bit older than that- i think he was 9

I remember one time the witch made herself look like him but ... backwards or something and to proove he was the REAL philip he made her write his name aqnd they made a big deal about the fact it took him a long time to learn his name because it's pretty hard to spell so i assumed he's very young.
Reply 55
I'm another one raised on Enid Blyton - never really bothered with Dahl. My favourite childhood book has got to be The Jungle Book. The Secret Garden by Burnett is another which springs to mind! :biggrin:
found it on amazon, definitely the same book i was thinking of.
I loved The Babysitters Club. UGH. And when I was really young, I liked the Mr. Men ones, along with Topsy and Tim.

Latest

Trending

Trending