Turn on thread page Beta

How is the Rep System set up on this forum? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, about weighting, and all the technical stuff... i've done good... i found out about rep from another forum (and how to use it) and i've scoured a fair bit of this forum for information on setup, but i haven't found out, so i ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    Just wondering, about weighting, and all the technical stuff... i've done good... i found out about rep from another forum (and how to use it) and i've scoured a fair bit of this forum for information on setup, but i haven't found out, so i ask.
    if you want to give someone good (or bad) rep, click the yellow shouty button next to "edit" and "reply" on their post. if you want to see how much rep you have, click on the "user cp" page.

ReputationRep:
    and how do u get tot that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    get to what?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dude)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/usercp.php?

Top right 5th botton to the left

ReputationRep:
    you click the "user cp" button at the top of the screen (next to "members" "faq" "search" "home"), and on the first screen you should see your rep.

ReputationRep:
    but how is it set up, i.e. weighting based on posts, time you've been a member, and no. of points to get another green thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    but how is it set up, i.e. weighting based on posts, time you've been a member, and no. of points to get another green thing.
    the amount of rep you give is based on how much rep you have, and your postcount. for every 100 points you have, you get an extra green "gem" (which just looks like a square to me).

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.