The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would say it could be too much, but I don't know. Maybe you could try it out and see how the workload suited you. Why did you choose 6 in the first place, I am just interested, whether the school encouraged you. At my school, you have to discuss whether you can take 4! Good luck, anyway :smile:
Reply 2
Unless you really want to, i'd recommend you take 4, or 5 at the most and concentrate getting all A's. Taking 6 will be a huge workload! Good Luck anyway.
id say do 5 but carry them all on for alevel
Reply 4
what course do you want to do at uni?
You dont need 6 A levels even for medicine. You only need 3A levels plus 1AS.no point to do 6 even if you want to get oxbridge. They will judge you upon your interview performance and your entrance score. I am doing also economics, history and maths plus chemistry.lol.
yeah i agree. even most oxbridge under graduate dont do more than 5 AS so unless u want not to have a life for the next 2 years i wouldnt do 6
im only doing 3/4 a levels and they are in my signature what i wanna do :smile: xoxo
tammy girl: what u wanna do for uni
llanberismecca
tammy girl: what u wanna do for uni

i wanna do a course in irish history and politics in magee college in derry in northern ireland xoxo
tammy_girl
i wanna do a course in irish history and politics in magee college in derry in northern ireland xoxo

cool i went to bangor last summer it was really nice
llanberismecca
cool i went to bangor last summer it was really nice

never really been up round bangor im about 40 mile from there lol xoxo
we went to a place called newcastle i think near the morne mountains or somethink??lol
Reply 12
I really wouldn't do 6. The workload would just be stupid.
llanberismecca
we went to a place called newcastle i think near the morne mountains or somethink??lol

ya likely seen the slieve donard..... its in newcastle :p: xoxo
tammy_girl
ya likely seen the slieve donard..... its in newcastle :p: xoxo

yeah thats right the weather really nice! but we spent most of our time round belfast/bangor :smile:
llanberismecca
yeah thats right the weather really nice! but we spent most of our time round belfast/bangor :smile:

:smile: parts of belfast is nice...u visit the botanical gardens and places like that? xoxo
tammy_girl
:smile: parts of belfast is nice...u visit the botanical gardens and places like that? xoxo

nah we did go there i only went there 3 times. it was really big! i went spent most of my time at the climbing wall there!!lol :biggrin:
llanberismecca
nah we did go there i only went there 3 times. it was really big! i went spent most of my time at the climbing wall there!!lol :biggrin:

yeah its really nice :smile: suppose u went to the oddessy 2? xoxo
I do 4 ASs and I think that's plenty! The workload increases a lot between GCSE and AS, and as others have pointed out, you only need 3 A-levels and 1 AS even for the best universities. It's better to take fewer subjects, spend more time on them and get As rather than take loads but do worse than you're capable of because you were pushed for time. At the end of the day, it's grades that matter, not number of subjects. 6 ASs including General Studies or Critical Thinking would probably be all right, but I really wouldn't recommend doing 6 proper ASs. Do 4, or 5 at the most.
i went to the O-zo or somethink it was exellent!!

Latest