AQA A2 Latin Watch

This discussion is closed.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
now i'm talking about the real deal here - or rather asking about it.

so umm who's doing the qualification in the topic's title this summer?

Member List

Aenor
CogitoErgoSum
Eeyore
Feefifofum
Gwenyth!
Juno
Madelyn
Silence
Spangletastic
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me, but you know about that. I bet you one corrupt governor that we're the only ones doing it...
silence
Rep:
?
we're rather elite then.
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shall we form an AQA A2 Latin Soc - the most exclusive society on TSR?
silence
Rep:
?
perhaps.. we should only really be members of it for the next 12 days though.

that said, perhaps we can encourage future generations of aqa a2 latinists. yet that said, aqa are getting rid of latin a level in 2006.

but why not, let's be bold and stand up for a valuable and important cause.
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not only is it the most exclusive society, it's also the shortest-lived. Damn we're cool...I guess it just goes with the whole sexy Latin thing. Aren't you so pissed off about the AQA thing? How can they drop Latin? It gets some of the best results out of all their A levels! Why not drop something pointless, like General Studies? No one really wants to do it.
Aenor
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I'm doing AQA A2 Latin next year, when it's in its death-throes. Am I eligible to join your ever-so exclusive society?
silence
Rep:
?
big brother will get back to you
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh the excitement! A fresh victim! Can we invent some exciting initiation rites to inflict on him?
Aenor
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Madelyn)
Oh the excitement! A fresh victim! Can we invent some exciting initiation rites to inflict on him?
You can do whatever you like so long as you get my gender right. Or rite. Just so long as it doesn't involve sacrificing me on the altar of Jupiter or anything else suitably Roman and barbaric...
silence
Rep:
?
anyway, in terms of sorting out the "AQA A2 Latin Soc", we need to put it in our signatures, perhaps enhanced with various text colours etc, to make it look exciting. oo and how about a moto or something equally as cool?

also, i believe that as being a member or such a society, it would be fitting to be sent (during exam time) a daily quotation from the set texts being studied.

and aenor, of course you can join.
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok children, your quote of the day is "delphinus occurrit". I also propose this as our societal motto. While the quote is of relatively little importance and gives one no guidance on quotidiennal life, it is one of the few parts of Pliny which make me smile.
Gender doesn't matter, they don't have women in Rome. Besides, you give no clue as to your gender, so using the masculine form should be an acceptable compromise (cf. French). Can't we sacrifice you just a little bit?
silence
Rep:
?
i like that as a motto.

how about we use this text (all coded up) in our signature?

AQA A2 Latin Society - size 2, bold, blue
"Delphinus occurrit" - size 1, itallic, dark slate blue

looking something like this:

AQA A2 Latin Society
"Delphinus occurrit"
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Looks pretty good to me. Although maybe we should make it more complicated, in order to divert time away from Pliny. Not that I'm trying to avoid revision.
silence
Rep:
?
mmmaybe. once i finish letter 24 and 18 (which will leave me only with the bloody corrupt governor to get done).
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did 18 last night, it's actually pretty good. And 24's kinda dull but straightforward. I'm supposed to be doing 10 now, which is why I'm on here. If that comes up we're so screwed!
silence
Rep:
?
i'm even more screwed if 25 comes up, as i won't have looked at it in the slightest. but it shouldn't come up as it was in last year's paper. being the leaders of this society, surely we should be setting a better example.
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well...at least we've been revising. And we are discussing bloody Pliny, so that's virtually revision as well. I don't dare not revise any of them, I know that the one I ignore will be the one to come up.
silence
Rep:
?
i like to live life dangerously. in fact, that's why i'm taking latin a level.
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I see the connexion.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed