is this classed as theft? Watch

This discussion is closed.
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I bought a bra from a store and realised a size down would fit better lol so i went back to exchange it and while queing a women in front of me was buying loadsa bra's and i heard the cashier say to her that the purchase was final she couldnt return them etc. I was like oh no they never told me that and was a bit anooyed so exchanged it myself in the changing rooms
I hadnt actually worn it proper so it wasnt unhygenic though i knew they wouldve still said no.
@LeX
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
yep im reporting you
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol just keep it
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
I bought a bra from a store and realised a size down would fit better lol so i went back to exchange it and while queing a women in front of me was buying loadsa bra's and i heard the cashier say to her that the purchase was final she couldnt return them etc. I was like oh no they never told me that and was a bit anooyed so exchanged it myself in the changing rooms
I hadnt actually worn it proper so it wasnt unhygenic though i knew they wouldve still said no.
Erm... Its touch and go. Id say its probably technically illegal.. but theyd never prosecute if it was clear that you had just swapped it. Besides does anyone know?
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i used to shoplift. then i realised it was dumb. i stopped.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes, in its technicality. taking something that you didnt pay for, but personally i wouldnt be praying for forgiveness for discretely exchanging bras.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
give me it NOW
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
i used to shoplift. then i realised it was dumb. i stopped.
im to scared to do it
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As someone who has spent the last year studing criminal law as part of my Law degree I can tell you that it IS theft.

If you steal some money, and replace it with the same amount that too is theft.
heminder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well, technically no since you paid for it and didn't steal anything other than what you paid for...

probably just a poorly trained shop assistant...
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
im to scared to do it
its piss easy.. i used to shoplift at like claire accessorise!! :rofl:
and superdrug!

i even nicked something from accessorize a month ago.... not sure why i did it...

but i don't do it anymore!
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its piss easy.. i used to shoplift at like claire accessorise!! :rofl:
and superdrug!

i even nicked something from accessorize a month ago.... not sure why i did it...

but i don't do it anymore!
my sister worked at superdrug and she stole from there lol

but dont even think about going near boots! :eek:
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by heminder)
well, technically no since you paid for it and didn't steal anything other than what you paid for...

probably just a poorly trained shop assistant...
She paid for it, then swapped it for another that she did not pay for. It is theft.
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
Nah, don't worry about it! =)

Morally its fine... wudn't affect ya Karma! :tsr:
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
my sister worked at superdrug and she stole from there lol

but dont even think about going near boots! :eek:
boots aint that bad... but superdrug is SO easy... miss selfridges is quite good as well...

NOT THAT I AM ENCOURAGING GG.... :mad: I'm angry enough that you smoke... :mad:
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
As someone who has spent the last year studing criminal law as part of my Law degree I can tell you that it IS theft.

If you steal some money, and replace it with the same amount that too is theft.
yep..because the money wudnt be the exact notes and coins that was stolen..woo..A2 revision! Theft, burglary and robbery are on BOTH my papers!
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Technically it's theft

"Taking another's property with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it"

You didn't pay for it... and you're not gonna give it back

But bearing in mind the receipt would have no size on it nobody could prove it and I doubt anybody would really care anyway
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
boots aint that bad... but superdrug is SO easy... miss selfridges is quite good as well...

NOT THAT I AM ENCOURAGING GG.... :mad: I'm angry enough that you smoke... :mad:
:eek: i forgot to close my bedroom window :eek:
brb ppl
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It mya be theft.. But I dont think its anything wrong. I mean you were jsut returning something, and getting a size down.. I mean its the exact same just minus the snooty clerk who tries to make you feel guilty for wanting an exchange.
gCarroll
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
gCarroll once accidently stole a packet of polos from woolworths and felt very guilty for a while afterwards.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
32.65%
No - I got the required grades (27)
55.1%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (6)
12.24%

Watched Threads