How will the world come to an end? Watch

This discussion is closed.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
As if our thoughts weren't gory enough...I must pose this question. How will Earth's existance finally come to a halt?
DaveManUK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it was on doctor who not so long ago. :P
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
....Id love to know, but i just dont
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
As if our thoughts weren't gory enough...I must pose this question. How will Earth's existance finally come to a halt?
Comet, nuclear war, supervolcano, Supernova, black hole, melting, freezing, random explosion... take your pic really

Oh yeah and apocalyptic stuff from the god(s) for being naughty :rolleyes:
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
Comet, nuclear war, supervolcano, Supernova, black hole, melting, freezing, random explosion... take your pic really

whats supernova?
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

U forgot the inevitable expansion of the sun as it dies which will swallow the earth
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Everyone being so obese that we block out the sunlight and die.

Im sure thats what the papers are at.
gCarroll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
gCarroll is unsure as to whether in your usage of the word 'world' you are reffering to the planet itself, life on the planet Earth, or perhaps more specifically the human civilization (if one can call it that).
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
whats supernova?
A very big star blows up basically. The sun won't do that, it'll just turn into a red giant.
bilb
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The world as we know it may come to the end by human actions, but the world itself (and humanity) should be around till (and hopefully after) the death of our star...oh and if we survive that we have the collision with andromeda to look forward to
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bilb)
The world as we know it may come to the end by human actions, but the world itself (and humanity) should be around till (and hopefully after) the death of our star...oh and if we survive that we have the collision with andromeda to look forward to
this planet will not survive the death of our star. Jupiter and its moons will though
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bilb)
not after - when the sun dies it will swell up as far as Mars - hence we end up inside it :rolleyes: but we got a few billion years yet
GiBB*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I read somewere that a commet will hit earth in 2029 (for real) and theres no way yet of stopping it.....probley that way
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
not after - when the sun dies it will swell up as far as Mars - hence we end up inside it :rolleyes: but we got a few billion years yet
yah me and F1 might not be around then.. depends if we die
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What are the chances the human race will survive till then? This also includes the possibilities of comets, human actions, etc.
technical master
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by coldfusion)
this planet will not survive the death of our star. Jupiter and its moons will though
there is no way there will ever be life on earth by the time we notice the effect of our drift towards the sun or its cooling and expasion towards us. It would be cool to see the sun explode though for like the 1 second we do!! it would be the biggest firework!
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by GiBB*89)
I read somewere that a commet will hit earth in 2029 (for real) and theres no way yet of stopping it.....probley that way
I thought it was closer to 2050...
The scientists will think of something by then. They'd better..
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gCarroll)
gCarroll is unsure as to whether in your usage of the word 'world' you are reffering to the planet itself, life on the planet Earth, or perhaps more specifically the human civilization (if one can call it that).
It worries me you speak as in third person.
coldfusion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by llanberismecca)
there is no way there will ever be life on earth by the time we notice the effect of our drift towards the sun or its cooling and expasion towards us. It would be cool to see the sun explode though for like the 1 second we do!! it would be the biggest firework!
1) there might still be life when it starts to expand
2) the sun will not explode. It'll expand and then shrink down again.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
yah me and F1 might not be around then.. depends if we die
really? ohhh - I was hoping to live forever :rolleyes: :cool:

Oh and dont believe everything you read. How many times have I randomly heard - the world is going to end on *insert date here* and yet shock.. it lives on! :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.24%
No (657)
72.76%

Watched Threads