Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just laugh at them. Looks and sounds like they're riding a sewing machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    yeah, some of which probably modified to make them look more impressive and cool.........sad and pafetic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    WHAT!!why was the thread renamed? i don't get annoyed by moped users, only chav moped users, bring back the old thread name!!

ReputationRep:
    I saw the most bizarre thing the other day. Walking down my road this guy, like 18 or 19 years old was on this motorbike, which could have easily fit into a suitcase! What's more he gave me this look like "ain't I so cool"...I just stared totally bemused...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    HAHA a sewing machine? lol
    you could always pretend not to see them and ask people if they have a "wind" problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    That looks so cool... what age do you have to be to drive one?
    17yrs

ReputationRep:
    Mopeds you only have to be 16 to ride (50cc), so you get all the little gits on them.

My dad is a motorcycle instructor, and he makes sure that any 16yo on a moped does everything right on CBT. Then watches them wheelie out of the site as soon as they have got their certificate. Best one he did was this: he was riding along on his bike (Harley 883 Sportster), and this moped goes to overtake him about 6 inches off dads bike. With the sound of the harley, he obviously didnt hear the ped. Dad checks his shoulder before he moves into his new lane and sees this ped, so he decides to turn right, but instead of indicating he did his arm signal. Git on moped now has to swing round dads arm, round a traffic island and dodge oncoming traffic. Needless to say, this git wasnt happy with dad. He was even more annoyed when Dad reported him for dangerous driving to the police

And summat even better: there is one less moped on the road in Peterlee! I was going for the bus when I saw an ambulance and 2 cop-cars, with a moped on the deck and a Micra sat behind it. They were getting the stretcher out of the ambulance, so lets hope whatever happened was serious.

ReputationRep:
    i just think its really funny when you get a huge gang of "bikers" as they like to think of themselves going around on things that sound like like a hairdryer on wheels. They just don't realise how ridiculous they look

ReputationRep:
    I was stuck behind a mophead for like half an hour today. God this is the kind of thing that gives me road rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaskell)
    Mopeds you only have to be 16 to ride (50cc), so you get all the little gits on them.

My dad is a motorcycle instructor, and he makes sure that any 16yo on a moped does everything right on CBT. Then watches them wheelie out of the site as soon as they have got their certificate. Best one he did was this: he was riding along on his bike (Harley 883 Sportster), and this moped goes to overtake him about 6 inches off dads bike. With the sound of the harley, he obviously didnt hear the ped. Dad checks his shoulder before he moves into his new lane and sees this ped, so he decides to turn right, but instead of indicating he did his arm signal. Git on moped now has to swing round dads arm, round a traffic island and dodge oncoming traffic. Needless to say, this git wasnt happy with dad. He was even more annoyed when Dad reported him for dangerous driving to the police

And summat even better: there is one less moped on the road in Peterlee! I was going for the bus when I saw an ambulance and 2 cop-cars, with a moped on the deck and a Micra sat behind it. They were getting the stretcher out of the ambulance, so lets hope whatever happened was serious.
    wtfs a CBT?

i never needed anything other than my provisional licence to get on my 125cc scoot

ReputationRep:
    As usual, Sniffpetrol has it's own 'unique' way of dealing with the problem.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

.....yeah, this was just a shameless plug for www.sniffpetrol.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    wtfs a CBT?

i never needed anything other than my provisional licence to get on my 125cc scoot
    Compulsary Basic Training. You basically have to spend £100 and 6 hours at a training center where the instructors make sure you know what you're doing etc. Then you go around a car park (or similar) for a few hours to make sure you can handle the bike, then it's out onto the open road with instructors for a couple of hours untill they are happy that you can handle riding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    Compulsary Basic Training. You basically have to spend £100 and 6 hours at a training center where the instructors make sure you know what you're doing etc. Then you go around a car park (or similar) for a few hours to make sure you can handle the bike, then it's out onto the open road with instructors for a couple of hours untill they are happy that you can handle riding.
    lol. you english lot are unlucky. here if you can manage to fill in a form for a provisional licence and can then afford to acquire a bike from somewhere you're all set.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.