Are Most People On This Forum From Grammar Schools? Watch

This discussion is closed.
st8_of_mind
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Grammar, one of the King Edward VI's ones... dunno the pass rate, but it's definitely high... I may just become one of those failures :'(
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey which King ED i got to Aston
st8_of_mind
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Camp Hill, too much hwk... in fact, doing DT right now lol!
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
HOMEWORK!, you y10?
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I go to a grammar school hwich last year got a 92% A*-C pass mark in last year's GCSEs, down from 97% in the previous year. I expect it will belower this year. A school a few miles way, got the lowest percentage in England and Wales last year, with just 4% lol
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wilko_777)
I go to a grammar school hwich last year got a 92% A*-C pass mark in last year's GCSEs, down from 97% in the previous year. I expect it will belower this year. A school a few miles way, got the lowest percentage in England and Wales last year, with just 4% lol
4% serious what is it called, i cant belive it!
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just wrote a reply, but the server was 'busy', so i'll say it again.

Montgomery School, Sturry, Canterbury, kent

If you find the league tables on the BBC education website, you'll see that i am serious about it lol.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OMG!!!! your right!! 4%!!! how on earth is that possible as theres 54 of them thats like 2people! i wanna know their 1 A*-G results, theyve gotta at least all passed one, right?
st8_of_mind
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, bizzarely you only live a few miles apart, yet the difference in marks is massive.

and yes, i am in Yr10... stil la young'un
Magician
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
im a grammar school idiot
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
are the good old days how i miss hwk, coz at least u can blag out, gosh how i miss coursework all those extensions, i wanna go back just 2months, lol.
st8_of_mind
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Frankly, i dunno what you're missing... i'd much rather get GCSEs done and over with. This way, i can truly enjoy the summer hols without my parents on my ass the whole time, telling me i should revise (for what? God knows)

mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by st8_of_mind)
Frankly, i dunno what you're missing... i'd much rather get GCSEs done and over with. This way, i can truly enjoy the summer hols without my parents on my ass the whole time, telling me i should revise (for what? God knows)

actually yeh!! thank st8om but i got work ex after and 4free year passes to drayton manor for the rest of summer, hehehe!
st8_of_mind
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
4 free year passes? damn you! how did you get them? naahhh, enjoy while you can though, cuz then you'll be stressing over AS and A2
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
exactly, i won them entering competitions that took up time that i could have been revising in, lol, but o well if i fail my exams at least i know i had a good summer, if i hadnt won them i would have failed my exams and had a bad summer, lol
st8_of_mind
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
clever thinking... and also clever excuses for not revising. lol!
shyopstv
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I went to a pretty bad comprehensive school for my GCSEs - we got 23% 5A*-C grades last year but to be fair, it was quite a bit worse than previous years. Another school in the local area got put under special mesures becasue it was so bad and they still beat us in every way :rolleyes: Ony something like 3 students got any A*s one girl got 8A* and 2As - she might have got all A*s but our school had the intelligent idea of making us all do double award ICT in just one year with crappy teachers :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...l/301_4024.stm

I now go to a slightly above average sixth form college. Last year someone got in the top 10 in the country for Physics and another got in the top 5 for Law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...l/311_8600.stm
flyboy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Grammar school but actually im kinda regretting it as the comprehensive near me gets just as good grades and has more subjects on offer.....and they finish half an hour earlier every day
hatty341
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
we finish at half two on tuesdays, due to teacher meetings.
Doolallyer
Report 13 years ago
heyy im a grammar schooler too but i think the reputations that they have for being anything great is rubbish... we have amazing gcse grades but everyone is psychologically pressured to get good marks from the time we start here aged 11, the school isn't that good they just have the knack of making us feel like we -have- to work... i guess it kind of pays off though i'm doing scarcely any revision and am not worried at all :cool: ...*shrugs* perhaps i should be though... :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?