Magixx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey anyone eles staying in Spring Gardens Aberdeen this year? well as of Septemeber?

x
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Magixx)
hey anyone eles staying in Spring Gardens Aberdeen this year? well as of Septemeber?

x
Moved to the Aberdeen forums.
Magixx
okkk :P
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied, but I haven't heard anything! Did you apply for King Street? Have you heard anything? questions, questions!
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HOPEFULLY i was slightly annoyed that i couldn't get acc when i applied AGEEESSS ago! anyway
yer hopefully,LillieF,we meet again,excited???
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freudian)
HOPEFULLY i was slightly annoyed that i couldn't get acc when i applied AGEEESSS ago! anyway
yer hopefully,LillieF,we meet again,excited???

Haha, we do indeed meet again my friend.

Where have you applied for accommodation then? I'm annoyed that we weren't just allocated places when we applied. Never mind!
Magixx
ha yeah i got in to Spring Gardens. just sent away all the paper work today. yay. What u guys doing?
FayBernadette
Report 10 years ago
Hey im in the exact same position as all you guys, grrr its so annoying they didn't just allocate the places when we applied!
But yeah anyway, i've applied for a Studio in Spring Gardens
Hopefully they'll be lots of first years staying there
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HELLO!! I applied to both spring gardens and King street Exchange,i am monumentally miffed at not being told that we weren't going to be allocated place,sbut oh well,im going to call them everyday this week until i get allocated :P
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freudian)
HELLO!! I applied to both spring gardens and King street Exchange,i am monumentally miffed at not being told that we weren't going to be allocated place,sbut oh well,im going to call them everyday this week until i get allocated :P
Let me know when you get allocated, I haven't heard anything!
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Likewise!! I'm still going to scream if i don't get my ensuite however beggars can't be choosers :P
Monteir0
Report 10 years ago
So does anyone here have any "real" pictures of the Spring Garden flats which are not from the UNITE website? I've seen some from Kings Exchange posted by someone, it would be mighty helpful to see how do the rooms actually look before we move in.
Teague'usMaximus
Report 10 years ago
I'd like to see some pics too if anyone has any?
And I still havent heard back about a room
Monteir0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Teague'usMaximus)
And I still havent heard back about a room
Really:confused: That's not good news at all, I just mailed my Tenancy Agreement back to UNITE today. Maybe you should try and give them a call, I applied on the 20th and got an email on the 26th.
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I phoned up, and found out i'm in spring gardens. just dont have a flat number.
Teague'usMaximus
Report 10 years ago
I phoned up yesterday and they told me my application had gone through i just had to wait for an e-mail x
Andygirl
Report 10 years ago
heeyy everyone,

im in the same position as most of you! im having to stay in spring gardens because the other halls are full, but im not feeling to bad about it - spring gardens looks good!

everyone excited about september?

xxx
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wooop, where are you staying?
MrSmithsloorollcover
Report 10 years ago
i hate to break this to all you people that will be residing in spring gardens the coming year, but it is pretty crap to say the least, you get a raised single bed that is awkward to get in and out off, with a small desk and sink and a mirror in your room and thats pretty much it, there is minimal floor space aswell with horrible green carpets, you share 2 bathrooms with your other 4 flatmates and the bathrooms are as basic as you can get, in the livingroom you get horrible uncomfortable sofas aswell, i feel for you all. the reason i know this i because one of my best mates lived there last year, where as i stayed in mealmarket exchange which is one of the more costlier unite buildings but you get an ensuite in every bedroom with a huge big desk and a much bigger kitchen and living room than you get at spring gardens also you get lifts in the buildings aswell, if anyone has any questions about unite accomodation or hillhead accomodation let me know. x x x
Monteir0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MrSmithsloorollcover)
i hate to break this to all you people that will be residing in spring gardens the coming year, but it is pretty crap to say the least, you get a raised single bed that is awkward to get in and out off, with a small desk and sink and a mirror in your room and thats pretty much it, there is minimal floor space aswell with horrible green carpets, you share 2 bathrooms with your other 4 flatmates and the bathrooms are as basic as you can get, in the livingroom you get horrible uncomfortable sofas aswell, i feel for you all. the reason i know this i because one of my best mates lived there last year, where as i stayed in mealmarket exchange which is one of the more costlier unite buildings but you get an ensuite in every bedroom with a huge big desk and a much bigger kitchen and living room than you get at spring gardens also you get lifts in the buildings aswell, if anyone has any questions about unite accomodation or hillhead accomodation let me know. x x x

To be quite honest that doesn't sound bad at all, I mean two bathrooms between 4/5 flatmates isn't that awful and plus you get that sink in your room which you don't in North Court (my first choice before the "terrible" news) for the same price. Plus, most of us cant really afford anything over £100 which in itself is quite a stretch already.

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of it would you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads