Turn on thread page Beta

Can't believe I'm starting a Harry Potter thread... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...but in the goblet of fire what are the roles of the asian sisters? Just wondering because I apparently auditioned for one of them today for the film! I don't read Harry Potter so enlighten me someone.

ReputationRep:
    yea
    they did aditions in our skool, loads of people when, apparntley a mafor part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely)
    yea
    they did aditions in our skool, loads of people when, apparntley a mafor part.
    sorry let me do dat again
    they did auditions in our school, loads of people went apparently a major part
    dats better!

ReputationRep:
    sorry let me do dat again
    they did auditions in our school, loads of people went apparently a major part
    dats better!
    Interesting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    ...but in the goblet of fire what are the roles of the asian sisters? Just wondering because I apparently auditioned for one of them today for the film! I don't read Harry Potter so enlighten me someone.
    Asian sisters? Erm, could be the Patils?
    If so Padma and Parvati Patil are supposedly identical twin sisters. Parvati is in Griffindor and in the book 4 (as above) she opens the Yule Ball with Harry -eg dances with him. Padma is in Ravenclaw- we don't really see her at all normally but she goes to the ball with Ron.

How did you end up auditioning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Asian sisters? Erm, could be the Patils?
    If so Padma and Parvati Patil are supposedly identical twin sisters. Parvati is in Griffindor and in the book 4 (as above) she opens the Yule Ball with Harry -eg dances with him. Padma is in Ravenclaw- we don't really see her at all normally but she goes to the ball with Ron.

How did you end up auditioning?
    Yeah I think those are the ones.

They came round to our school, amongst others to find asian girls for the part. I thought I might as well try although I can't act for the life of me - i didn't even know what film I was auditioning for till late! No feedback but they took all our photos with them....

...who knows?

ReputationRep:
    i hope u really get the part if u want it ashdur, u deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    i hope u really get the part if u want it ashdur, u deserve it!
    Well, I'm no actress and i've never really desired to be one...but hey it would be nice. It's so ridiculously competitive though, i can hardly suppose i even stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    loads of girls went and they all want 2 get chosen, they sed because it will mean they will get a free tutor and go shopping in london and this and dat, u know!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, perhaps it will, but they're not that enormous roles really - just at the Yule ball. Hardly a catapult to movie stardom, but on the other hand, they won't have to suffer the stigma that Radcliffe, Watson, Grint and Felton will be of forever being "that kid from Harry Potter."

ReputationRep:
    May I point out that Daniel Radcliffe is an appauling actor (and I can see his grandmothers house from outside my window).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    May I point out that Daniel Radcliffe is an appauling actor (and I can see his grandmothers house from outside my window).
    Indeed you may. Possibly another reason why he won't be getting too many jobs post HP. Although if he has a decent lawyer/accountant, he shouldn't need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Indeed you may. Possibly another reason why he won't be getting too many jobs post HP. Although if he has a decent lawyer/accountant, he shouldn't need to.

I heard that he isnt even doing too many more HP films because his voice is breaking or something. Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't Harry Potter supposed to be like 15 in the third film, 16 in the fourth.....then about 19 in the last (or there abouts). What are they going to get a 12 year old to play him in the seventh film? (if it is ever made)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I heard that he isnt even doing too many more HP films because his voice is breaking or something. Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't Harry Potter supposed to be like 15 in the third film, 16 in the fourth.....then about 19 in the last (or there abouts). What are they going to get a 12 year old to play him in the seventh film? (if it is ever made)
    He should be a 13 year old in this film. And the actor who plays Ron's voice has broken between the first and second film, where they are still meant to be 12!

ReputationRep:
    I'd give anything in the world to be in the HP films- even an extra! dreams, dreams, dreams...

Anyways: Hmm..let's see- yes they are having problems w/ the actors "growing too fast" or w/e, but they are going to be a *LOT* older by the time the 7th film comes out. I mean..It took JKR 3 years to write the 5th book and who knows when the next 2 will come out! But- hopefully they'll keep the same actors/actresses.

Oo yea- at first (when they started making these movies) I wanted to be Cho Chang- then I thought, "Hmm..well what about the Patil sisters?" Because Parvati and Padma are Indian names (derived from Indian culture), and I'm Indian, and I luv acting. My road block: American- too far away- too little money~* Grrr.

ONce again: Good Luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    He should be a 13 year old in this film. And the actor who plays Ron's voice has broken between the first and second film, where they are still meant to be 12!
    As if the kids would really care if they changed all the actors around anyway? It looks like that is what is going to have to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    As if the kids would really care if they changed all the actors around anyway? It looks like that is what is going to have to happen.
    I dunno- it'd be kind of weird if they changed all the actors around...it just wouldn't be the same

BUt you're right~it probably is going to be that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    nooooooooooooo! not harry potter - I used to have some respect for you Adhsur!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    LoL--ahhh the sacrifices she makes for her career~*~*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    oh yes....niknak.....rather random but i was looking for the public smoking thread...remember that one? you said you were a smoker right? well, dont EVER smoke in a public place in america (especailly not california) it can get reactions from kids like me who walk up and scream in your face *think dont smoke*, to polite coughs and menacing glares! just a tip!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.