Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello

just wondering when your exams finish. mine finish on the 28th june, business paper....

ReputationRep:
    21st june. History paper 2 aqa.

ReputationRep:
    24th June DT Graphics P2,OCR,

that day is also Book Collection Day , Work Experience Prep Day, Last Day!! and the exams in the afternoon so awkward, its be easier if it was morning

ReputationRep:
    I know it's the 22nd, and I'm pretty sure it's the Physics Paper. (Triple Science, Higher, AQA).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I know it's the 22nd, and I'm pretty sure it's the Physics Paper. (Triple Science, Higher, AQA).
    yeh it is, i think triple sci is slak you might as well jsut do sepereate, its be better for me spec since i way better at chem than phys, lol (not meaning to detract from title of thread mind )

ReputationRep:
    triple science? i have heard of it, do you have like 3 different papers, one for each science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatty341)
    triple science? i have heard of it, do you have like 3 different papers, one for each science?
    yeh no matter what you do (double, triple, seperate) you do three papers, but if you do double you get two grades (e.g AA, both the same), if you do triple you get three same grades (e.g AAA) but if you do sep you get three sepearate grades( but dont have to be different, lol), which i why i dont get the idea of triple science you might as well just do sepeate, but i spose if you got like a really strong sciene and a semi-weak one, (e.g A* A C) you may be able to average it out to get three A's

ANYWAY BACK ONTO THE SUBJECT AT HAND, hatty youre own thread, and your going off on a tangent too, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, er, that's completely wrong, unless you just use different terminology in your school. Triple Science is when you get three separate grades, for example, someone could get: Biology - A*, Chemistry - A, Physics - B. You take three, individual Sciences, with three individual paper, each last 2 and a quarter hours. They do not interfere with each other.

Double Science, you do the three sciences, in lesser detail, and get two same grades eg. A* A*. This means that they are all combined, and say, if you are bad at Physics, but good at Biology and Chemistry, the Physics mark could bring two of your grades down...

Single Science, is what all the "less academically talented" people in our school take. They're made to do it. I don't know much about it, just that, you only get one grade for it, and that all the sciences are combined, in one GCSE.

But YOU DO NOT, get three "same" grades in Triple Science. That's completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    so is triple science effectively separate science then?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think you've got it wrong, I just think that your school knows it, as something different to what we call it! Triple Science is separate sciences, yes. I think it's the only award, where you get the separate grades, as opposed to the combined ones, offered by Single and Double.

ReputationRep:
    oooh ok! thanks zhivago

ReputationRep:
    Lucky me...my exams finish quite early on june 17th...business std paper.. ..that means i don't have to revise on my b'day..hehe.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oooh ok! thanks zhivago
    I only know about it, because I'm doing it. :p: I don't really know that much about Double, except that they do, a bit less detail, than Triple. (My double friends tell me). I hardly know anything about Single.

Anyway, good luck!

mynameisnoname, it's cool that you're finished for your birthday! One of my good friends has her birthday, during our, French Reading exam. How gutted would you be. I'm a summer birthday too, so I'm looking forward to that. I'll be in Florida for it!

ReputationRep:
    Mine finish on the 22 - Sociology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I only know about it, because I'm doing it. :p: I don't really know that much about Double, except that they do, a bit less detail, than Triple. (My double friends tell me). I hardly know anything about Single.

Anyway, good luck!

mynameisnoname, it's cool that you're finished for your birthday! One of my good friends has her birthday, during our, French Reading exam. How gutted would you be. I'm a summer birthday too, so I'm looking forward to that. I'll be in Florida for it!
    yeh double people were basically told after easter, that they no longer needed to listen in biology or chemistry anymore since we'd covered all they needed, lol, i wanted to say ILL DO DOUBLE ILL DO DOUBLE, lol,

oooh sociology Nicki, chek you!

ReputationRep:
    I finish of 24th June and signing off day is 30th June. I've got 2 exams on 24th for the same time, so I'll be in isolation after one until I do the nest one. Fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    I finish of 24th June and signing off day is 30th June. I've got 2 exams on 24th for the same time, so I'll be in isolation after one until I do the nest one. Fun!
    lol ohh dear, thats a bit of a slakc thing on ya last, day, cant talk to a soul, lol, hey whats signing off day involve, we just walk out, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol ohh dear, thats a bit of a slakc thing on ya last, day, cant talk to a soul, lol, hey whats signing off day involve, we just walk out, lol
    Yeah, not good! And one of the exams is 2hr 30 (Stats)!!

Erm, we just turn up to school and give all our textbooks back. And I think you might just sign something to state you've finished compulsory schooling. Not too sure though!

ReputationRep:
    oh right, we have that book collection day too, but thats on the last day of our exams, so it just merges, lol, then work exp. on 27th woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    oh right, we have that book collection day too, but thats on the last day of our exams, so it just merges, lol, then work exp. on 27th woohoo!
    Oh, we did work experience in year 10! What are you doing?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.