Turn on thread page Beta

catching colds - especially at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am very miffed about the fact that I seem to catch common colds (viruses/bugs whatever you like to call them) a lot more than other people.

In my 4th week at university I was ill for 4 whole days. Now I have caught something else again as my glands are all swollen and my eyes are as dry as chalk. I'm also bloody cold as well, and this room is not cold!

I need a new regime of life to stop me catching every damn cold about. I reckon my diet may be one of the major contributors. Another coincidence perhaps, is both times I've felt like this are after I've been away for a weekend with the army. Maybe I'm catching colds in the barracks/field but not showing symptoms till I'm back......

Now time to sip my Alka Seltzer (mmm, how lovely it tastes )

Adam
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Multi vitamins will do you the world of good...I used to be incredibly susceptible to colds, since I've started taking a multi vitamin (bassetts soft and chewy raspberry flavour as I can't hack capsules first thing in the morning) I've gone from a cold a month to one every 6 months or so...well worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Multi vitamins will do you the world of good...I used to be incredibly susceptible to colds, since I've started taking a multi vitamin (bassetts soft and chewy raspberry flavour as I can't hack capsules first thing in the morning) I've gone from a cold a month to one every 6 months or so...well worth the money.
    I agree, you're probaly lacking vitamin C too.
    Another thing, drink more water, it was in the paper on how it prevents you catching colds.
    If that fails, buy lots and lots of tissues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    any particular brands?
    i haven;t been to the chemist in years lol

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.