Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    plz some one give me some advice.i need encouragement.
    I have following exams in the first week
    3 exams of biology on monday
    1 exam of m1 on tuesday
    2 exams of chemistry on wednesday
    1 exam of S1 on thursday
    3 exams of physics on friday

Now i have got only 70 hours left until my first exam.so in these 70 hours i can sleep one hour each day.believe me i can do if know that there is some hope.I have also got those hours the night b4 the exam day
    i am hoping for All A's
    do u ppl think i can do it?
    coz i have lost hope and doing nothing.plz reply soon

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you can do is get a good nights sleep tbh. Probably more beneficial than cramming, considering that your mental quickness will probably significantly decrease due to loss of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I would start studying the whole day now and after your biology exam on monday. If you revise, you would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend all-night cramming. You'll be so tired during the exam that you'll be unlikely to do your best anyway. It would be better to choose the subjects and topics you're least confident with and revise those, since you won't have time to cover everything. Remember to take regular breaks though.

ReputationRep:
    I would study the subject that is coming up on the day of the exam (e.g. study biology over the weekend, as it's on monday).

ReputationRep:
    "Extreme Coffee" does the trick for me. It's 6 spoonfuls of coffee granules with sugar in a tiny little cup, downed as quickly as humanely possible. Also try Pro Plus, or other chemical substances. Also if you believe the film Something About Mary, a tip for boys is to have a **** as it calms you down! Erm yeah.

Bring a lucky mascot in with you as well, might be genuinely lucky as a type of "placebo effect"!

ReputationRep:
    Get at least 7/8 hours sleep, dude. Then revise the whole day, with 15 minutes break every hour... be strict with your time keeping.

ReputationRep:
    any more advice

ReputationRep:
    If you have worked hard over the past few weeks, you shouldnt need to cram like everyone here is telling you.
    Just do a few hours a day to keep your mind active, and get lots of sleep.

If you havnt worked hard, then you'll find its next to impossible to get straight As in Sciences and maths with last minute cramming.

Have you done any past papers? They should give you an idea of where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    DON'T do all night cramming - I tried that for exams at GCSE and before that (am a last minute reviser) and it is actually detrimental as it makes you so knackered you make stupid mistakes and forget what you do know.

First of all: try to stop panicking. If you're like me, you must be feeling fairly freaked out at this point, which has paralysed you and rendered you incapable of working. I always leave revision til the last minute, and the later it becomes the more paralysed I get, convincing myself that I can't do it so there's no point trying.

You need to chop your revision into do-able chunks. Look over what you have to do and work out how long you've got left. Skim read everything do you know what you're doing and feel like you have more of a handle on it. Then, revise intensively the parts that you think are most likely to come up or are your weakest points.

And remember - you *can* do it - anything is possible in a few days if you work your ass off and don't panic too much. It's amazing how much you can cram into the short term memory. Go for it and best of luck I want all As too, and am desperately trying to cram revision into a few days. You're not alone Remember - UMS conversion always helps, and if you're a student capable of getting As there's no reason why you shouldn't if you work damn hard for the next couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    Im in a similar situation, but damn, this place is f'in addictive!

ReputationRep:
    I have a history on Wednesday, S1 on Thursday and 2 Physics on Friday. The best thing is not to worry and take your time going over things, so you'll understand them better.

You'll be fine - good luck!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)
    I have a history on Wednesday, S1 on Thursday and 2 Physics on Friday. The best thing is not to worry and take your time going over things, so you'll understand them better.

You'll be fine - good luck!
    xx
    edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Well I have M1 on tuesday, 2 chem exams on wed, S1 on thursday, Physics on friday along with 3 economics exams in the afternoon....I have decided I do not want to bother revising economics too much, as I find it is just how I write my answer on the day that counts, and doing well on the multiple choice questions.

I found going over past papers helps a lot, I have got a few sticky things on my wall about particular definitions (esp in Chemistry) and have written a compressed 8 side of A4 version of all i need to know for physics. I recommend making sure you know particular definitions word for word, because that is one thing that is guaranteed to be in most science type exams

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying, work NOW, for the benefit of later.

As a few people said, do past papers - should give you an indication of where you stand, what you need to work harder at, etc.

About not sleeping before exams - if it needs to be done, let it be. But beware... would of course be better to work your ass off now and get some sleep and chill-out time before the actual exams.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Do mind maps; that really works for me.

Plus do plans for essays as well, just make you sure you get your main ideas down; the rest comes later.

ReputationRep:
    Revise what is coming up on the day before the exam. That's all you can do as the exams are one after another. Remember not to cram and sleep late!

ReputationRep:
    I have

M1 Tuesday
    2 History Wednesday
    3 Archaeology Thursday
    3 Physics Friday

I have a mad dog running around the house and my Mum in hospital for some cyst

So what???

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.