Afternoon exams, do you revise in the morning? Watch

This discussion is closed.
spin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sherunsaway)
I sing a song as I enter the exam room. Calm's me down although everyone looks at me wierdly.
Cool, I'm so gonna do that

*imagines self singing all the way to school*

Hehehe :rolleyes:
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Make sure it's a song that really doesn't suit your vocal range, and then try and sing really expressively. The next thing you know, you'll be auditioning for pop idol.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Before my last exam (English Lit), me and my friends were just randomly saying quotes from our books!
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol i do and even if my exam is in the morning im in school at 8 am so i get at least an hour to revise b4 a morning exam xoxo
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If i'm sure ive done everything i possibly can, then i dont...which is practically never. i find it does help...and the thing ive just read over always seems to pop up.
spin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sherunsaway)
Make sure it's a song that really doesn't suit your vocal range, and then try and sing really expressively. The next thing you know, you'll be auditioning for pop idol.
Mustn't choose something that will get stuck in my head though... otherwise I'll spend the whole exam cursing myself.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, I do this normally. Hell, better some revision than none at all. You might remember a few useful facts.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Listening to music when im in the car on the way to the exam helps,
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I listen to minimilistic music by people like steve reich which has absolutely no structure but sort of puts me in a trance like state where I am absolutely relaxed before the exam.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Minimalist music would put me to sleep, or my brain would forget I'd done my Music GCSE and start thinking about its features!
Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I get into school at 8:00 every morning anyway (class doesn't start 'til 8:40) so I tend to bring my notes in, sit in the library, and just skim-read them to bring everything to the surface of my mind again. I find it helps me, but you might find it makes you panic. People are very different when it comes to this kind of thing.

I actually skived the first two periods I had before my Spanish Oral to revise, and it worked really well, though I'm not sure I'd reccommend that to you! I had PE and RE, the most useless lessons on my timetable, so I thought it justified.

The thing I don't reccommend is talking with nervous friends before the exam - even if you're testing each other, I find it just means anxiety levels rise!
NickiM
Rep:
?
I am a nervous person, so I probably wind other people up. Well the thing is, I'd be arriving in school at about 1, so I'd have the whole morning to do something!
button16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have to revise in the morning before an exam it recaps things which could come up.
button16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lidia)
I get into school at 8:00 every morning anyway (class doesn't start 'til 8:40) so I tend to bring my notes in, sit in the library, and just skim-read them to bring everything to the surface of my mind again. I find it helps me, but you might find it makes you panic. People are very different when it comes to this kind of thing.

I actually skived the first two periods I had before my Spanish Oral to revise, and it worked really well, though I'm not sure I'd reccommend that to you! I had PE and RE, the most useless lessons on my timetable, so I thought it justified.

The thing I don't reccommend is talking with nervous friends before the exam - even if you're testing each other, I find it just means anxiety levels rise!
Lol I skived beofre my French oral PE and Maths, we don't really do anything in maths anyways but luckily I got nice topics and a good roleplay.
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my french oral was probably the most painful 15 minutes of my life.
Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by button16)
Lol I skived beofre my French oral PE and Maths, we don't really do anything in maths anyways but luckily I got nice topics and a good roleplay.
Heheh, great minds Our teachers don't mind about skipping lessons so much now we're into the exam period. Which is a good thing really, I suppose!
Sami C
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Morning revision is awesome for me. I came in before a morning exam, and just went over everything I learned in my head and was pleasantly surprised that I remembered it all. However, if I was to have forgotten I would just have read it over as being so close to the exam your likely to remember it, stored in short-term memory, which is all you need at that stage.

Next week I have an exam in the afternoon and I fully intend to spend a couple of hours reciting everything I know off by heart. It is amazingly calming when you finish and realise you know your stuff. Then you can sit there quietly and smile at others around you having a heart attack...good times...
Melanie47
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We were allowed to miss the lessons before our oral exam, or the lesson it was in, especially if it was a different language lesson.
want2know
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Yeah my French teacher literally ordered me out the room when she found out I had my German Oral the next lesson
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
I do not revise the morning before an afternoon exam. Infact I don't revise the night before either. I find that if I don't know it the night before I am not going to know it. When I had a politics exam in January I went out to drama the evening before and then had a nice lie in the following morning before going to school for the exam...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads