Turn on thread page Beta

thinking of mansion helps concentrate?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    when i was playing the game tomb raider i let the bear eat her
    lol!.. ...... i used to find that game REALLY boring........... u've got to look for the action!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    lol!.. ...... i used to find that game REALLY boring........... u've got to look for the action!! :mad:
    i no!!

ReputationRep:
    I think whoever told you that was probably talking about mnemonic systems, which help you to memorize things. Basically, the idea is, you take a list of facts, words, etc. you want to memorize, and relate each to an element in a story or journey that you make up. With the mansion thing, you say each room is a different area that you wish to memorise. E.g. your living room is history. If you want to remember the wars of the roses, for example, you might have two roses in a vase on the mantelpiece, stabbing each other with their thorns. You invent the room so that each thing in it reminds you of the fact you wish to learn. Then the idea is that you see the room in your mind's eye, and for example, go, "Aha, roses are fighting, the wars of the roses". I tend to prefer to link the things to events in a story, but each to his own.

I used mnemonics for A-level. I memorised a list of about 70 words of terminology I needed for english. My memory is atrocious, yet using a similar system, I learnt them in about four hours, and could still recall them all a month later. They're very powerful tools.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.