The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
apply for accomodation with the uni, but apply for self catered. i got in on my insurance last year and was on a camp bed in a shared study, then in a tiny shared study room until i moved to BGP. It is likely that they will have rooms left either at Broadgate Park or Raleigh Park which are both great
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I reckon private accomodation will be alright if it's a house full of first years and UNIPOL said they do try and sort that out - give them a ring, they're pretty helpful =]

As for uni accomodation - i just gave them a ring and they said that cos it's a first come first serve basis, the earlier you put your application in the better and that they should be sending out offers this week. I put mine in on thursday and he said that that should be fine because people are still putting theirs in now!! Fingers crossed!
Reply 22
Im in the same position. They told me to look at private housing, i dont really know where to start!?
Ring up UNIPOL - they were helpful =] apparently there's a house hunting day which they'll e-mail you about. They also suggest getting on their forums to make friends with other first years so that we can all be friends and have a wonderful time in a wonderful house =] haha
Reply 24
Im in the same position as well.
Rang up today and was told the same thing others on here have been, that they will know what rooms are available from people not meeting their offers by wednesday/thursday and will send an email round.

Nice to know im not alone.
Reply 25
im so relieved to have found this thread. Am in exactly the same position, I also sent my form in on thursday so fingers crossed!
Reply 26
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 27
gooner1991
Anyone heard anything yet?

no, not yet :eek3: it's like 3 weeks left, I really need to sort accommodation thing out :woo:
Reply 28
Expect something toward the end of next week
sigghhh, this is going to make it really difficult to prepare for uni. I don't know if I'll be in catered/self-catered on campus or off campus so cooking stuff etc is all going to have to be bought last minute.

oh well, all I want is a place on campus or to just know so I can start getting excited.
Reply 30
I called up today and the guy I spoke to told me that all University Park accommodation is gone :frown:
Reply 31
Finally, I've got an e-mail! But the rooms available are so expensive! So there's one of the options:
Dear Student

Following a review of numbers we are now able to advise that we have the
following accommodation available:

2 Twin studios at Broadgate Park offered on a joint tenancy - ideal for
two friends sharing See
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/self_catered_residences/b
roadgate_park.htm for details.

Would anyone risk and would like to share a room? it's £3435.74
i'll share i'll share!!!! i really don't care what i get!!
invincible_carrot
i'll share i'll share!!!! i really don't care what i get!!

Have you been offered anything yet? I got offered temporary, camping out in someone's study area.
Reply 34
Has anyone received their freshers pack/book list or anything?I'm getting slightly pissed off at their disorganisation.
gooner1991
Has anyone received their freshers pack/book list or anything?I'm getting slightly pissed off at their disorganisation.

I got a welcome pack with info about registering online and the first week and a pack from the English department with a reading list etc but only on Friday, there's no post again until Tuesday so maybe yours just missed out on getting there on Friday?

What subject are you doing?
Reply 36
I got that same email (wasn't clearing but insurance acceptance) but I decided to apply for the catered rooms in jubilee. Best offered in my opinion. I really couldnt stand a studio.

For people still havent heard, go for private. Unipol website is helpful. People should stop faffing and do it. You can get some halls on unipol, if you are quick. I waited about 10 minutes before starting to look. I can't believe people have taken so long to do anything.
Reply 37
Dewdrop<3
I got a welcome pack with info about registering online and the first week and a pack from the English department with a reading list etc but only on Friday, there's no post again until Tuesday so maybe yours just missed out on getting there on Friday?

What subject are you doing?

Oh good,yes hopefully I'll get something this week. I'm doing social and cultural studies but hopefully I'm switching to History when I get there.
gooner1991
Oh good,yes hopefully I'll get something this week. I'm doing social and cultural studies but hopefully I'm switching to History when I get there.

oh right cool, hopefully they'll let you. I shouldn't see why they wouldn't, one more person wouldn't hurt?

Did you get accommodation then?
Reply 39
shlebby
I got that same email (wasn't clearing but insurance acceptance) but I decided to apply for the catered rooms in jubilee. Best offered in my opinion. I really couldnt stand a studio.

For people still havent heard, go for private. Unipol website is helpful. People should stop faffing and do it. You can get some halls on unipol, if you are quick. I waited about 10 minutes before starting to look. I can't believe people have taken so long to do anything.

Best offered? 5191 quid? well not for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending