Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about? What
    was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?

--
    Philip Edwards Groeswen, South Wales. Visit my on-line recorder tutor at
    www.geocities.com/groeswenphil/

In article <[email protected] .com>, "Philip Edwards"
    <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> writes:

[q1]>Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about? What[/q1]
    [q1]>was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Verbal reasoning - that's like doing analogies and such. A lot of the 11+ papers have a good verbal
    reasoning section.

----------------------------------------------------
    Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.

Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q1]
    [q1]> What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]

Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).

Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books
    in WH Smith.

--
    Helen

Loads of books available - try BOL or Amazon online. Key part of 11+ papers. My Y5 class adore them,
    and I often put some up on the board for early morning activities.

--
    Sarah Helen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message[/q1]
    [q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q2]
    [q2]> > What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books in[/q1]
    [q1]> WH Smith.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> Helen[/q1]

Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!!

Honestly no. The kids love them, and I think they're good for extending vocabulary etc. We always
    talk about the meanings of any new words. I don't use the picture/pattern type ones. Our HT gives
    potential 11+ kids coaching in VR in the run up to the tests in January.

--
    Sarah

Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    [q1]> Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!![/q1]

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2002
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.