Turn on thread page Beta

Verbal resoning watch

Announcements

Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about? What
    was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?

--
    Philip Edwards Groeswen, South Wales. Visit my on-line recorder tutor at
    www.geocities.com/groeswenphil/

In article <[email protected] .com>, "Philip Edwards"
    <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> writes:

[q1]>Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about? What[/q1]
    [q1]>was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Verbal reasoning - that's like doing analogies and such. A lot of the 11+ papers have a good verbal
    reasoning section.

----------------------------------------------------
    Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.

Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q1]
    [q1]> What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]

Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).

Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books
    in WH Smith.

--
    Helen

Loads of books available - try BOL or Amazon online. Key part of 11+ papers. My Y5 class adore them,
    and I often put some up on the board for early morning activities.

--
    Sarah Helen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message[/q1]
    [q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q2]
    [q2]> > What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books in[/q1]
    [q1]> WH Smith.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> Helen[/q1]

Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!!

Honestly no. The kids love them, and I think they're good for extending vocabulary etc. We always
    talk about the meanings of any new words. I don't use the picture/pattern type ones. Our HT gives
    potential 11+ kids coaching in VR in the run up to the tests in January.

--
    Sarah

Philip Edwards <[email protected] u.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    [q1]> Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!![/q1]

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.