The Student Room Group
Reply 1
In article <[email protected]>, "Philip Edwards"
<[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about? What[/q1]
[q1]>was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Verbal reasoning - that's like doing analogies and such. A lot of the 11+ papers have a good verbal
reasoning section.

----------------------------------------------------
Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.
Reply 2
Philip Edwards <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q1]
[q1]> What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q1]

Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).

Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books
in WH Smith.

--
Helen
Reply 3
Loads of books available - try BOL or Amazon online. Key part of 11+ papers. My Y5 class adore them,
and I often put some up on the board for early morning activities.

--
Sarah Helen <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Philip Edwards <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Anybody remember working at Verbal Reasoning as a child of the sixties? What was it all about?[/q2]
[q2]> > What was the point? And, what happened to it? Anybody got any old books?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Yes. That was the 11+ when I took it (first year without Maths and English papers).[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Now part of the 11+ in Essex *along* with English and Maths papers! You can buy VR books in[/q1]
[q1]> WH Smith.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Helen[/q1]
Reply 4
Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Honestly no. The kids love them, and I think they're good for extending vocabulary etc. We always
talk about the meanings of any new words. I don't use the picture/pattern type ones. Our HT gives
potential 11+ kids coaching in VR in the run up to the tests in January.

--
Sarah

Philip Edwards <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> Your Kidding !!!!!!!!!!! ;O) !!!!!!!!!![/q1]

Latest

Trending

Trending