Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok well here it is...
    basically,on the 18th of nov,my bill came for my mobile phone and i hid that bill because it was 67pounds...excluding VAT. and now my parents are asking me where it is, i say i dont have it. My mum just 2 seconds ago rang up the company and asked where the bill was, they said they already sent it. Of courser i deny it and my mum believes me. The people say it is 67pounds and my mums facial expression was a bitlike this: :eek: she doesnt believe it could be that high and has now gone to the store to tell them they are wrong. But they're actually right. When she comes home,shes going to know thw truth and tell my dad. My dads going to kill me...WHAT DO I DOOOO?! IM SO SCARED!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anna)
    ok well here it is...
    basically,on the 18th of nov,my bill came for my mobile phone and i hid that bill because it was 67pounds...excluding VAT. and now my parents are asking me where it is, i say i dont have it. My mum just 2 seconds ago rang up the company and asked where the bill was, they said they already sent it. Of courser i deny it and my mum believes me. The people say it is 67pounds and my mums facial expression was a bitlike this: :eek: she doesnt believe it could be that high and has now gone to the store to tell them they are wrong. But they're actually right. When she comes home,shes going to know thw truth and tell my dad. My dads going to kill me...WHAT DO I DOOOO?! IM SO SCARED!!!
    Work out how you can afford to repay it yourself and have a repayment plan (including interest) worked out for when they confront you.

Also offer to get the phone restricted to incoming calls and emergancies only or to switch to a pay as you go contract.

Accept the responsibility and try to come up with solutions and they will respect you for it - try to bury your head in the sand and they will treat you like a child.

ReputationRep:
    well because they don't know you've got a letter, they don't know you already knew it was £67 so you've only lied so far about that.
    When your mum gets back to definitely confirm that its £67, if i were you, i would act very shocked, very apologetic and promise you'll pay it back to them?
    but destroy the letter and do not throw it away at home!! hope this helps. dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    ok well here it is...
    dont think of it as a big deal, under your circumstances im not sure but when i thing ive done something very wrong. It doesnt turn out that bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    Pah, that's nothing. I went to France for a week and took my parents' mobile with me (coz they're on a cheaper network, haha :rolleyes: ). The bill for that one week was £150. Boy, was i in sooo much trouble, and i've lived to tell the tale. Like they said, just act well surprised and offer to pay the excess (however much more it is than what it used to be. what terrrible grammar)

ReputationRep:
    well i feel bad mine is always over £80 it'll be fine act suprised and say u'll pay it (if they normally pay ur bill)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    well i feel bad mine is always over £80 it'll be fine act suprised and say u'll pay it (if they normally pay ur bill)
    £67.. erm, lemme think. sell your phone? haha

ReputationRep:
    67! thats nothing..i had my phone for3 months and my bill was over £300..my parents didnt find out cos i pay it myself! anyways...i have no idea what u should do..explain why it was higher and say it was a one off!

ReputationRep:
    300 once, that werent all me tho

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all your advice guys! Thankyou so much, i think im freaking out for no reason. Love you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    thanks for all your advice guys! Thankyou so much, i think im freaking out for no reason. Love you all!
    hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Work out how you can afford to repay it yourself and have a repayment plan (including interest) worked out for when they confront you.

Also offer to get the phone restricted to incoming calls and emergancies only or to switch to a pay as you go contract.

Accept the responsibility and try to come up with solutions and they will respect you for it - try to bury your head in the sand and they will treat you like a child.
    dont offer to get restricted if ur paying interest **** they should be encouraging u to use the phone all the time

ReputationRep:
    my mum is being really nice for some weird reason...maybe she knows that i only have a few more hours to live before my dad kills me...shes being way too nice,that is completely odd and im not liking it very much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    my mum is being really nice for some weird reason...maybe she knows that i only have a few more hours to live before my dad kills me...shes being way too nice,that is completely odd and im not liking it very much...
    update us in ur quest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    update us in ur quest
    lol, will do. He should be coming home in about 15minutes. I cant even concentrate on my work,the only reason im so scared is because my last bill was quite high aswell...it wasnt supposed to go above 15pounds this month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    maybe it has nothing to do with u maybe shes also impatient for these few hours to be up for some other reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    lol, will do. He should be coming home in about 15minutes. I cant even concentrate on my work,the only reason im so scared is because my last bill was quite high aswell...it wasnt supposed to go above 15pounds this month
    Just blame the cat. Or your pesky little brother. Or your mum for giving birth to you in the first place.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Just blame the cat. Or your pesky little brother. Or your mum for giving birth to you in the first place.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    lol,brother thing sounds good...right people dad is here, ill beback in a while to let you know how things are going. If i die, i want red roses at my funeral...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    lol,brother thing sounds good...right people dad is here, ill beback in a while to let you know how things are going. If i die, i want red roses at my funeral...
    OMG things are looking gloomy

I think the best solution is to act suprised like people have said, and say youll pay it back - but i dont know how you can dodge the fact that they sent u a bill and ure parents didnt get it and so ure the only other person who could have opened it and hid it ....

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    ok back guys,my mum hasnt told my dad about the bill...i think shes going to cover up for me. I love my mum

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.