Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichardAnderson)
    yes but the inital action would be altruism what happens after that is any ones guess
    the initial action wouldn't be altruism because you said they are opening the door to get a thank you.

i.e. they are expecting to get some reinforcement/reward. Or as you put it their 'intent'.

ReputationRep:
    touche i see your point

ReputationRep:
    touche i see your point
    That is the first time anyone has said that to me on this forum.

Then again, you have 5 warning points after 30 something posts, so I doubt whether this is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    lol i took a joke to far which offended some people then didn't see the lighter side of it

ReputationRep:
    lol i took a joke to far which offended some people then didn't see the lighter side of it
    It must have been quite offensive, because my humour doesn't go down well on this site either, but all I get is neg rep saying : ''You F***** loser''

But if you hang around these debate forum long enough, you'll learn that a certain number of people here, actually don't have a sense of humour. And they also make accusations about your debating style which aren't grounded in reality.

''D and D is alright most of the time unless you get a member who goes in with all guns blazing and unsubstansiated garbage *cough* members name *cough*''

Or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    yea was offensive but i put joke in brackets next to it and still took offence

ReputationRep:
    yea was offensive but i put joke in brackets next to it and still took offence
    I don't see how that makes it inoffensive.

Ok, this thread has been swerved completely off topic, all thanks to you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey that wasn't Altruistic there back on topic

ReputationRep:
    hey that wasn't Altruistic there back on topic
    No, I don't think that's going to work. Maybe we should just let this thread die.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about choice I suppose; whatever you choose to do you're satisfying your desire to pursue whatever that choice entails.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.