don't laugh yet.... Watch

This discussion is closed.
DaveManUK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ljfrugn)
Business Studies GCSE was soooo easy. 'Dave needs some money. How should he get some? Discuss. [10 marks]'
get a job? except for i have no skills , start some phishing scheme. gud idea
DaveManUK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kirjava)
I didn't mean to criticise your hand writing... just that it's expensive for the people who run this board to have images on it. When you're running a webserver, you have something called bandwidth. You pay for bandwidth by the Gb.. images use it up way faster than text, so images are a lot more expensive.. that's all I was saying.

As for point 6... things like binominal theorum, while it's nice to know they exist, it's pretty pointless when you're still studying GCSE. I mean, it's pointless to try and think about the whys and why nots of binomial theorum when you don't understand how to answer a GCSE paper. I'm not criticising you here, just commenting generally.

Anyway, now can we put this stuff behind us, and just concentrate on the maths?
www.imageshack.ws
www.yousendit.com
manps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Acceptable answers: rob a bank, steal the money, borrow it off a shifty guy in a back alley, sell drugs..

Yeah, business is easy.. but who cares? And it's quite difficult to think of 10 marks worth to say for that, you know!
From an examiners point of view this would score 6 / 10
you need to specify the type of drugs and there potential earnings to gain 8/9
Kirjava
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The real answer is even more laughable. 'Get a loan, sell shares, or get a partner with lots of cash.'
DaveManUK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The real answer is even more laughable. 'Get a loan, sell shares, or get a partner with lots of cash.'
tahts a good idea
Kirjava
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by manps)
From an examiners point of view this would score 6 / 10
you need to specify the type of drugs and there potential earnings to gain 8/9
Yeah, and if you include a risk assessment, you get two extra marks! 'He could go to prison...'
thewebmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ust that it's expensive for the people who run this board to have images on it. When you're running a webserver, you have something called bandwidth. You pay for bandwidth by the Gb.. images use it up way faster than text, so images are a lot more expensive.. that's all I was saying.
Yeah i know about bandwidth i manage some websites, won't post them here as not really relative to anything but i understand about most aspects of web hosting/design. The posts won't be called upon after they drop off the first page hopefully. and i'll need space soon for more stuff on the bh server so they might accidentally get deleted.

Does anyone happen to study french at degree level? i've got a website translated but need someone to proof read, i'm only studying at GCSE french now and going onto AS level french so it'll be A LONG time before i'm good enough. I'd pay them but got to wait until i've got the money first, that or i could join Dave on his magical advertures lol
Kirjava
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If it's important, you'd be better off getting a French web(master/mistress) to manage it, and if it's not then you could just add a link to Babelfish at the bottom...

P.S. How did this Maths thread get so horribly off topic..?
ljfrugn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One one of my mate's business CW's, which was about Thomas Cook the travel agents, you had to write about potential sources of finance. 'Ask his parents' was returned with a large red 'Thomas Cook is NOT a child!' on it!
thewebmaster
Rep:
?
i like that, shows good insight and very little forethought. But at least the effort was applied. Its good to see that the examiner followed it up with feedback and positive strong reinforcement.
DaveManUK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ljfrugn)
One one of my mate's business CW's, which was about Thomas Cook the travel agents, you had to write about potential sources of finance. 'Ask his parents' was returned with a large red 'Thomas Cook is NOT a child!' on it!
lol.
thewebmaster
Rep:
?
i used freetranslations which is obvioulsy similar to bablefish however i know that they don't work too well. since i translated "i have no money" into french and back to english using its same software. Lets put it this way i didn't end up with "i have no money"! lol

I can do something that simple myself, je n'ai pas l'argent. But i can't do the more complicated french and because the website uses emotive and descriptive language, namely its trying to tell something then translating this into french is a nightmare. www.brooklynhouse.co.uk take a look at....
Brooklyn House prides its self on giving you a truly unforgettable taste of the region so impose and indulge yourselves upon our kind and hospitable spirits.
bad enough with past present and future tenses never mind all that! lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads