and into the black
They give you this,
but you pay for that
And once you're gone,
you can never come back
When you're out of the blue
and into the black.
i bought an ootb cd :biggrin:

however. was very disappointed that ootb did not perform year 3000 as the sample on the website was v.v.v. yey :frown:

all in all, absolutely amazing performance and thank you for a lovely night! altho the fact that we went to po nana's indie night afterwards and my farking 9 am maths tute means that i now feel like *****. but still! yey! happiness! christmas bop!
Megsy
i bought an ootb cd :biggrin:

Wahoo! Good on you!!!

however. was very disappointed that ootb did not perform year 3000 as the sample on the website was v.v.v. yey :frown:

Yeah the Year3000 is amazing. Unfortunately though, OOTB can't do the same repetoire each year as people find it monotonous and boring (I seem to recall that this time last year they received some criticism that they were always doing the same stuff). I think some of their current stuff though is certainly the best ever (although I still love Babylon sung by Michael on 'House of Cards').

all in all, absolutely amazing performance and thank you for a lovely night! altho the fact that we went to po nana's indie night afterwards and my farking 9 am maths tute means that i now feel like *****. but still! yey! happiness! christmas bop!

Btw nice to meet you Meg! You didn't come to the aftershow party though at Merton's Bar :frown: Oh well, as long as you had a great night!!! Glad I have created a new OOTB groupie. Sadly Scott's bike broke on the way over to Hilda's so he didn't get to hear them :frown:
Reply 1103
yeah. it freaked me out. i'll have to wait until next term to get it fixed too because i don't erally have time to go down to cowley (where i bought my bike) to get it fixed.
zoraster
yeah. it freaked me out. i'll have to wait until next term to get it fixed too because i don't erally have time to go down to cowley (where i bought my bike) to get it fixed.

You were lucky Scott. On the way back from the first gig (my friend and I grabbing food before the last performance), we saw there had been an accident on High St just opposite Turl Street and a cyclist was pretty much lying face down under a bus......Oxford's a nightmare to cycle around at the best of times, but in that horrible weather and that time of night, it's incrediably dangerous. Hopefully that person was ok - thankfully the medical team were already there and lots of passer-bys had stopped to help.
Hoofbeat
You were lucky Scott. On the way back from the first gig (my friend and I grabbing food before the last performance), we saw there had been an accident on High St just opposite Turl Street and a cyclist was pretty much lying face down under a bus......Oxford's a nightmare to cycle around at the best of times, but in that horrible weather and that time of night, it's incrediably dangerous. Hopefully that person was ok - thankfully the medical team were already there and lots of passer-bys had stopped to help.
Eep. That weather was atrocious, I was cycling back to Rose Lane from Cherwell towers and could feel the wind pushing my bike around and fell off the first two times I tried to get on. Ended up pushing it along the High St as really didn't want to risk anything...

Simon, are you still Production Editor for Cherwell?
Megsy
Simon, are you still Production Editor for Cherwell?

Yes he is....I think he may be getting promoted though. He won't be on TSR for a while I'm afraid....is off on tour with OOTB tonight and then with Lincoln's Choir!
Reply 1107
This weather sucks...I'm growing moss. *is in a whining mood*
kalen
This weather sucks...I'm growing moss. *is in a whining mood*
AT LEAST YOU'RE STILL IN OXFORD :mad: :frown:
Reply 1109
Yeah, but I've got a 4000 words essay due on Friday so I'm not exactly enjoying Oxford life at the moment :frown:
Can't wait for the weekend! :biggrin:
nah - i'm still with megsy on this one...I despise being at home :frown:
Reply 1111
Lol guys you make me want not to go home next tuesday!
well I dont want to bloody go...I live in the middle of nowhere and theres nothing to do :frown: which should help with my dissertation, but I need a way to relax!
Reply 1113
I live in the middle of nowhere too but I don't mind going home for a while, I want to see the sea and go boarding a bit :biggrin:
Although I'll be taking some reading and work with me, 4 weeks are a long time to go, I'm going to get bored especially as most of my friends are not exactly on cloud 9 excited mood lately -_- (I actually think I might end up missing it and start whining about how everything's better in Oxford, to the point someone will slap me unconscious lol!)
But it is so much better! :frown:

and - your gonna surf at this time of year? I hope you live in the southern hemisphere....:eek:
Reply 1115
haha, no boarding as in snowboarding :p:
ah - ok - since you said boarding in the same sentence as "seeing the sea"....
where do you hail from in that case?
Reply 1117
Italian not so Italian north-eastern corner, right on the border with Slovenia...Alps and Adriatic sea here I come :biggrin:
ok - i'm jealous! i'm in a spitty little welsh village :frown:
I love italy too! want to go back there so much!
Reply 1119
hehe, yeah when I moved to England I realized how much I was taking my region's beautiful places for granted. To be honest, though, I usually dread moving out of my region (which is a weird place, doesn't quite fit most Italian stereotypes, it seems like a nation on its own, lol!), I feel like I'm a foreign tourist and keep rolling my eyes and getting annoyed for all sorts of things (e.g. British are much more polite than most Italians and I got so used to saying "sorry" for any silly thing I do that now I can't stand it when people are rude and don't apologize)

Latest

Trending

Trending