Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    hmm...I got mugged when I was 16 - not so positive for me...

Loved Stromboli though
    Lol I've been attempt-mugged in my home town - but in a funny way let's just say the end result involved two six foot lads chasing away half-dozen petrified chavs - kinda adds a meaning to pick on someone your own size!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha - that happened to me once in oxford - a friend was on the way home down brasenose lane when she was being mugged, but the person didn't realise the rugby team was on their way down a minute later - and that sorted all that out (we were very drunk at the time aswell...was funny as f**k! )

ReputationRep:
    hahaha - that happened to me once in oxford - a friend was on the way home down brasenose lane when she was being mugged, but the person didn't realise the rugby team was on their way down a minute later - and that sorted all that out (we were very drunk at the time aswell...was funny as f**k! )
    :eek: there are chavs in Oxford!? (joking for anyone who can't guess)...I thought they only existed in London and Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    no - there are!
    how was the interview by the way? my sisters having hers right now (on her birthday) and is not enjoying herself....

ReputationRep:
    Well...in general well actually (sorry!) although some were better than others - was interviewed at four colleges (twice at ChCh, once at Jesus, once at St Peter's and once at St Hugh's oh plus audition). Where's your sister?

ReputationRep:
    thats only three colleges mate lucky your not a scientist...

she's at hertford for law, but she's not going to get in (which is what I have maintained since she applied...)

ReputationRep:
    lol! edited...

ReputationRep:
    thats only three colleges mate lucky your not a scientist...

she's at hertford for law, but she's not going to get in (which is what I have maintained since she applied...)
    Lol, what a pessimist of a brother! why do you think she won't get in?

ReputationRep:
    I totally know what you mean - there was a fair number of applicants per place for my college for music (5ish) and some just weren't up to the standard...bit harsh letting her know though?!

ReputationRep:
    well - she has no motivation, doesn't work very hard and doesn't actually have an interest in her subject, so, especially with something like law which requires a lot of subject commitment, its not going to be a fruitful venture.

I found that all the people were on a high level for my subject - I was one of 10 applicants at exeter for one earth sciences place, and got it, but all the other guys there got places at other colleges - lucky me eh

and - no, I told my parents this, not her

ReputationRep:
    Yoo hoo Biker, as per your advice, I have popped in. There are just too many pages of discussions here to spend a lifetime reading, and so I am feeling very very lost

ReputationRep:
    hehe - hey fleur - how are things...bizarrely enough, i'm just halfway through replying to you!
    have you managed to gleam any info on the rugby yet? (ohyea - and your societies must have gone up!)

ReputationRep:
    We must be psychic, hon!
    No info about the rugby If some people don't want to talk about it, I think I should not be curious. The end result was what counted eventually.
    Societies? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    just the random pictures of stuff next to your name....

considering the scoreline, and that it was the biggest ever loss (I believe) I am not surprised at all that they do not wish to talk about it...

ReputationRep:
    Guess you mean the TSR societies? I meant Oxbridge and my favourite boards... there's no way I can trawl through all the pages!

ReputationRep:
    hehe - I wouldn't worry - most of it is still applicants worrying over their interviews and if they've got in, for the standard response of "we dont know"....

ReputationRep:
    This thing, Casey :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    we're either too boring to be gossipy or have enough of a social life we don't feel the need to post about it. One or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Way back someone started a thread in the Oxford forum relating to music and in particular to a group of Oxford students on ITunes - or specifically it was some way they could share what they were listening to on ITunes.

Can anyone point me to that thread, that group, or otherwise inform me? Can't remember who first posted it.

Cheers, RichE

EDIT- nevermind, found it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Merry Xmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.