Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had my mock interview for Computer Science today. The teacher interviewed me said that the interview questions at Oxbridge can be very brutal. An example he gave me was "What's the point of doing Computer Science". I didn't answer that question. But still, I did badly. Chances are I'm not going anywhere near Pembroke next year.

Is there any other brutal questions that you have heard of? Please list them here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Just had my mock interview for Computer Science today. The teacher interviewed me said that the interview questions at Oxbridge can be very brutal. An example he gave me was "What's the point of doing Computer Science". I didn't answer that question. But still, I did badly. Chances are I'm not going anywhere near Pembroke next year.

Is there any other brutal questions that you have heard of? Please list them here.
    I got this one:

'Well, we've actually got 30 applicants this year for one place. Why should we accept you?'

ReputationRep:

if you want to do computer science, you should be able to answer the question "What's the point of doing Computer Science". those are the sort of candidates they are looking for.

ReputationRep:

1. Why should I choose you instead of another student.

2. You have 3 minutes to sell yourself. Go.

3. Sell me this highlighter. (ie persuade him to buy it, he will ask u hard ques and so u will have to think fast)

Oxbridge ques involves unpredictable ques that need quick thuinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

3. Sell me this highlighter. (ie persuade him to buy it, he will ask u hard ques and so u will have to think fast)

Oxbridge ques involves unpredictable ques that need quick thuinking
    awwwww, i'm jealous, i never got questions like that.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    awwwww, i'm jealous, i never got questions like that.....
    No i didnt get them, its a fund of general ques that they normanlly ask

ReputationRep:
    Someone from my old school got 'Your school is in Liverpool, that city has a bad reputation, why shouldn't we reject you for it?'

i think that's really harsh.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    No i didnt get them, its a fund of general ques that they normanlly ask
    when did you get interviewed? (theone too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    EEEEEEEK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    EEEEEEEK!
    look at my 4 gems!!!! im catching up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Ans: Because you have good judgement.

(Original post by 2776)
    Ans: Haven't got a clue how to sell myself.

(Original post by 2776)
    Ans: It's no point selling you that highlighter, because you didn't buy it. Them people in the purchase depart. bought it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Am v.v. glad I decided not to apply to Oxbridge :rolleyes:

I think I might cry if an interview asked me some of those.

ReputationRep:
    id rather be asked those questions than some impossible thing in maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    I'd rather have the exact opposite Sell myself? No thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be asked those impossible things in maths than some those questions listed above......

Does it help if I start to do marketing now? My interview is next Monday and will I be able to get myself sold? For £10? Plus bundle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I'd rather have the exact opposite Sell myself? No thanks
    heh i think i could probably be cocky enough to sell myself

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be asked those impossible things in maths than some those questions listed above......

Does it help if I start to do marketing now? My interview is next Monday and will I be able to get myself sold? For £10? Plus bundle?
    Some good answers, however u will prolly freeze up anyway when they ask u these ques. As like u got about 30 seconds thinking time

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think you could too

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    wow, you people are clever! wanting to go to oxford ehh?

pretty impressive!

ReputationRep:
    Of course edders can be cocky!

He got an A, read it A, in mathematics GCSE!!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.