The Student Room Group

Fizzling and Crackling

I have two plugs next to me, the first one has two in it for the actual computer and monitor and the other one I have an adaptar plug in for my CD Rewriter, My printer, the speakers and occasionally my minidisc player.. Last night that plug that plug started spitting and crackling so I unplugged it and attempted unplugging each of the plugs and none of them spat and fizzled so today I turn it on with just the speaker plug in and it spit and fizzled a bit, so i turned it off at the mains and unplugged it and I found that the adaptar for my speakers the main pin wobbles....is this something i should be worried about? I've taken it out now but it's annoying as my CD player is buried so I have to lean over like loads of stuff to reach it and I can't change the track very easily...anybody know whether it was the speaker adaptar spitting or the multiple plug adaptar
Reply 1
Danithestudent
I have two plugs next to me, the first one has two in it for the actual computer and monitor and the other one I have an adaptar plug in for my CD Rewriter, My printer, the speakers and occasionally my minidisc player.. Last night that plug that plug started spitting and crackling so I unplugged it and attempted unplugging each of the plugs and none of them spat and fizzled so today I turn it on with just the speaker plug in and it spit and fizzled a bit, so i turned it off at the mains and unplugged it and I found that the adaptar for my speakers the main pin wobbles....is this something i should be worried about? I've taken it out now but it's annoying as my CD player is buried so I have to lean over like loads of stuff to reach it and I can't change the track very easily...anybody know whether it was the speaker adaptar spitting or the multiple plug adaptar

yes you should be worried, the sparks can start a fire. i would buy a new adapter.
Reply 2
Danithestudent

The fact that something is spitting and fizzing tells me that u should watch out i.e. buy some more leads.
Yeah it's all unplugged from the mains and unplugged from the multiple adaptar.....it's never done that before. But after visiting my mate's digs at South Bank at the weekend I've just informed the parents that they are getting me a laptop (lol i'm so forceful) as there is no way in hell I could fit this in a halls of residence desk. I mean the monitor alone is 34"
with a free standing CPU two massive speakers that need to be screwed on etc...
funnily they agreed :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending