This discussion is closed.
Lawrence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
My Uni wants 280 points at BC A level..but ive worked it out on the tarriff calculator and if i get CCD for my A levels and a D for my As i will have 280 (plus my AVCE) so do the uni's go specifically on points or grades? Or say i dropped one A2 and my As (not that im going to) but i still got a BC which is 180 points..would they still accept me?
italianmark
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lawrence)
My Uni wants 280 points at BC A level..but ive worked it out on the tarriff calculator and if i get CCD for my A levels and a D for my As i will have 280 (plus my AVCE) so do the uni's go specifically on points or grades? Or say i dropped one A2 and my As (not that im going to) but i still got a BC which is 180 points..would they still accept me?
probably not, ask them
++Hex++
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lawrence)
They want the total points they ask for, but they are saying that in addition, you need to reach a minimum standard for some subject or other, usually. This is completely normal, because the points system as it stands would allow you to get high numbers of points by, for example, taking lots of AS levels, even if you only get a low grade.
Lawrence
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
so i would need BC AND 280 points?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (27)
8.11%
Confident (43)
12.91%
Indifferent (51)
15.32%
Unsure (81)
24.32%
Worried (131)
39.34%

Watched Threads