The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Lol does it have a freshers week? Nottinghams freshers week is one of the largest in the UK. Theres an event each night, was definitely the best week of my life.

Just make sure you don't lose your week one freshers wrist band because thats what gets you into the events for free. You'll get given them when you arrive at your accomodation.

Also make sure you register at the crispin hospital and bring plenty of flu medicine. You will get freshers flu at some point and it is horrid, but it can be tolerable if you bring the right medicine lol.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
jessiainscough
It's the same at Notts - most people start lectures on the weds/thurs (can't remember) in the first week, although they are introductory lectures as well I think

Hi jess!! Badminton buddy hahaha
Reply 42
jbyrne1989
Lol does it have a freshers week? Nottinghams freshers week is one of the largest in the UK. Theres an event each night, was definitely the best week of my life.

Just make sure you don't lose your week one freshers wrist band because thats what gets you into the events for free. You'll get given them when you arrive at your accomodation.

Also make sure you register at the crispin hospital and bring plenty of flu medicine. You will get freshers flu at some point and it is horrid, but it can be tolerable if you bring the right medicine lol.

oh dear, i did hear about this freshers flu thing. bad times
Reply 43
Pareesasa
oh dear, i did hear about this freshers flu thing. bad times

I found the best way to avoid Fresher's flu was just to take one of the nights off in the middle of the week. I thought that one of the parties was not going to be that great and so took the night off, got a good nights sleep and was fine for the rest of the week/start of term.

If not, lots of vitamin C tablets and lemsip!

I so wish I was doing Fresher's again! Although I'm going to make sure I make the most of fourth year refreshers; but it's never the same as Fresher's!
Reply 44
"Crispin Hospital"? I think you mean "Cripps Medical Centre"!
Reply 45
jbyrne1989

Really James? Was it really? Don't lie... :P

To anyone else reading this, just make sure you don't start drinking to the point where the only thing coming out of your mouth is vomit + pain and you'll have a great time; or if you have a really low alcohol tolerance level (yes james u know what i mean :biggrin: ), then just stay off the booze.
krawen
Really James? Was it really? Don't lie... :P

To anyone else reading this, just make sure you don't start drinking to the point where the only thing coming out of your mouth is vomit + pain and you'll have a great time; or if you have a really low alcohol tolerance level (yes james u know what i mean :biggrin: ), then just stay off the booze.

Thanks for that. Cos ya know, I'm 22 and I've never been out drinking before. Or known anyone else thats been out drinking, so this is just some phenomenal advice. Thanks again!!
Reply 47
cunningstunt87
Thanks for that. Cos ya know, I'm 22 and I've never been out drinking before. Or known anyone else thats been out drinking, so this is just some phenomenal advice. Thanks again!!

But prior to that post I was completely unaware that alcohol gets people drunk and sick :s-smilie: how would I have known? :puppyeyes:
Dijobla
But prior to that post I was completely unaware that alcohol gets people drunk and sick :s-smilie: how would I have known? :puppyeyes:

I know, I know. Why doesn't our government tell us these things ... I mean the least they could do is create an ad campaign with a slogan like, erm, I dunno ... "Know your limits".
Reply 49
cunningstunt87
I know, I know. Why doesn't our government tell us these things ... I mean the least they could do is create an ad campaign with a slogan like, erm, I dunno ... "Know your limits".

They're failing the youth :sigh:. Won't nobody think of the children??!

Latest

Trending

Trending