The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
"the evil sheep are out to get me with their bleating to take over the world"

a piece of advice lirael....as someone who has been stuck in wales for far too long...when approached by a sheep just talk in a welsh accent or shout "mint sauce", either way they bugger off....
Thats a point - does anyone know what the most common crime in Wales is?
Woof!!!
Any suggestions for our society logo then? :smile: It has to be 50x30
Reply 83
surely just a picture of "The Black Russian" codpiece would do the trick...would atleast get the society noticed!
How about this for a logo...
Lemme in! I love blackadder! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
what about this? :confused:
Nice one :smile: Might be a bit too big though...
heres a smaller one
Hmm.. it's quite hard to see their faces :frown:
How about a turnip? It's one of those random things that would make sense if you know what's going on, but totally random and ridiculous otherwise.

btw, can I join? I've asked a couple times, but don't seem to have been added...
Reply 91
Oooh pick me, let me join :P
I blooming love Blackadder...fave line for me is in Series 4 when Blackadder and George are in Melchett's office and George goes "Permission to shout BRAVO in an annoyingly loud voice", thats ace. Series 4 is the best IMO, plus I got to watch it for revision for our English war synoptic, which rocked ma socks :P
Reply 92
gems1107
Oooh pick me, let me join :P
I blooming love Blackadder...fave line for me is in Series 4 when Blackadder and George are in Melchett's office and George goes "Permission to shout BRAVO in an annoyingly loud voice", thats ace. Series 4 is the best IMO, plus I got to watch it for revision for our English war synoptic, which rocked ma socks :P

Lucky I never really watched any good shows at school. Though a teacher did allow us to watch the south park movie. That was cool.
Ooh let me in! I absolutely adore Blackadder, to the point where I find it very difficult to pick a favourite moment, or even favourite series.

Although I do love this moment from Amy and Amiability:

Baldrick: Hire you a horse sir? For ninepence? On Jewish New Year in the rain? A bare fortnight after the dreaded horse plague of Old London Town, with the blacksmith's strike in its fifteenth week & the Dorset Horse-Fetishists' fair tomorrow?

and of course, a special mention to the name of the song George claims to have performed for the troops when dressed as Gorgeous Georgina:

"She was only the ironmonger's daughter, but she knew a surprising amount about fish as well"

Oh it's just all so great.
B:redface:ur battles are directed sir?
M:why yes of course! all according to the master plan!
B: would that be the plan to continue with complete slaughter until everyone is dead except for field marshall haig, mrs haig and their pet tortoise alan?
Are they really making another series??
J'adore Blackadder, i have the box set :smile:
i really love the first series, The Blackadder,
"Heaven is for the sort of people who like singing, talking to God, watering pot plants.. whilst hell on the other hand is for the other sort of people who like different things.. adultery, pillage, torture... those areas"
I've never seen the first series :redface: Everybody else says they're not so good :frown:
Reply 98
Onearmedbandit
I've never seen the first series :redface: Everybody else says they're not so good :frown:

:eek: ill lend it to you! its not my fav, but i still think its pretty good
i think its underrated i do like it a lot :smile: esp the one where Edmund becomes Archbishop and when they want to marry him to the Spanish Infanta. all classic. his character is a bit different in the first one would you agree bouncy? he's a bit more wimpy and vulnerable and has funnier facial expressions. can i join b'adder society :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending