Turn on thread page Beta

Hey! I'm worried bt me GCSE's need to get high grades!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)
    OMG you are so clever!!! I feel bit stupid now i mean if i screw up my gcse's i'll be totally gutted!!!! I really want to get 8 A's and 3 B's at least!!
    Are my expectations too high and just silly dreams seen as i haven't been revising for very long only since this Monday for 6 exams next week???????????
    Doesnt hurt going for that, but its not the end of the world if you get some Cs.

ReputationRep:
    I did about 1 hours revision a day, I regret not having done more !

And by the way, these are the mock grades I got (shows my effort factor :P )

English Lang - C (Pred A)
    Lit - B (Pred A)
    Economics -C/D (Pred A* :eek: )
    German- C (Pred A)
    History C (Pred A*/A)
    R.E - D -46% (Pred A*/A)
    Maths - A* (Pred A*)
    Science - A*A* (Pred A*A*)
    Citizenship -A (Pred A*/A)
    ICT - B (Pred A/B)
    Media -No mock (Pred A*/A)

All those at C/D went to an A grade, B grades stayed put though >.<

Just stay focused, and keep it simple, most written exam mark schemes do not accept original intelligent answers, so be banal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)
    OMG you are so clever!!! I feel bit stupid now i mean if i screw up my gcse's i'll be totally gutted!!!! I really want to get 8 A's and 3 B's at least!!
    Are my expectations too high and just silly dreams seen as i haven't been revising for very long only since this Monday for 6 exams next week???????????
    It depends how much work you've put in over the 2 years. Obviously it's good to do revision as well, but if you have a good memory, you'll be surprised by how much you remember from topics you did a while ago. You've still got all of tomorrow, plus any time in between the exams, so make the best use of it. Try and work out tonight what you're going to revise and when, although you don't have to stick to it exactly. Use your mock results and the work you've done in class to see which subjects and topics you need more work on and focus on them. Don't waste your time revising things you know you can do. If you really want 8 As and 3 Bs or better, work hard to make sure you get them. I can't say whether you're being realistic or not as I don't know you, but your predicted grades should show you what you're capable of. Mine were almost exactly right, except for media (predicted a C, got a B).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)
    I did even less for mocks and still ended up with 4A*s in Double Science, Geo, German; 2 high As in Maths and history and 4 Bs in English lang, english lit, double ICT. I only did revision for each subject the day before each exam. so dont worry.Revision from monday is enough of time to get your desired grades.

ReputationRep:
    my predicted grades are as following:

DT A*
    RS A*
    Art A
    History A
    French A
    Maths A
    Stats A
    Double Science BB
    English B
    English Lit B

So can i achieve 8 A's and 3 B's or more with lil revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)

DT A*
    RS A*
    Art A
    History A
    French A
    Maths A
    Stats A
    Double Science BB
    English B
    English Lit B

u said you started revision from monday. This is enough time and isnt little revision. I didnt revise much for mocks and still got A*s and As. This time with the improvement of my skills I will be able to get more of A*s and As. I havent revised much as well. You ve learnt the stuff and done loads of practice for it. So there is no way you wont be able to remember it on the exam. Just remind urself some stuff, just by readin what you have already learnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hach)

DT A*
    RS A*
    Art A
    History A
    French A
    Maths A
    Stats A
    Double Science BB
    English B
    English Lit B

You should still revise as much as you can between now and the exams to make sure, but yes, I'd say you should be able to achieve the grades you want. Work on the subjects you're predicted Bs for first(unless you've already done those exams), then As, then A*s.

ReputationRep:
    u know i actually learned more in the last week for biology than i did in the whole yr. i jus went through the revision guide and it sticks in my head lol

ReputationRep:
    I just have to warn you, that I have been revising for a while, and I am finding it hard to revise all of History, you may not be doing the same course but there is a lot of it!

University open days

• University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.