Turn on thread page Beta

AS level computin questions - please help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    seriously though, stop posting every minute !

Give one advantage and one disadvantage of using an index in a database.

+easy to search
    -requires more memory usage

Give one reason for using multiple indexes in a database.
    thing of a library with many books of the same title and ISBN...

sorry. but if i dont get this one. teacher will kill me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_forum)

sorry. but if i dont get this one. teacher will kill me.
    if a bad teacher, argue back, some boy has done it so much he can just not come to Database lessons cos the teacher is awful and he nows more than him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    actually the most worrying thing is that im supposed to be doing the same course and no jack all.
    Use a QBE grid to show how you would find the name, form, sex and all the people who got between grade A and grade C

k. i understand this, but in searching for people who got grade a-c, in the grade field (that i would create), would i put:

A - C
    A, B, C
    or what?

i eman, its easy with a number or age etc. coz u can use the less than, more than etc signs, but how would i put it for Grades A-C?

ReputationRep:
    Use a QBE grid to show how you would find the name, form, sex and all the people who got between grade A and grade C

k. i understand this, but in searching for people who got grade a-c, in the grade field (that i would create), would i put:

A - C
    A, B, C
    or what?

i eman, its easy with a number or age etc. coz u can use the less than, more than etc signs, but how would i put it for Grades A-C?
    jesus christ, all i want is a little help and it takes me 2 hours to get anything?

please can someone give me an answer to this, it isnt rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ, all i want is a little help and it takes me 2 hours to get anything?

please can someone give me an answer to this, it isnt rocket science.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    please, this is teh last bit of my homework. can somebody answer teh damn question above about the grid, how do i put grades a-c under teh grade field in the table?

A-C?
    A,B,C ?

please

this is the last bit

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.