What does English A or B mean? I'm so confused. Watch

Pedro94
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Im trying to find past exam papers for English GCSE, my problem is, what does this mean, what is the difference between English A or B?

Eg.* English A
* English B and English B (Mature)
* English Literature A
* English Literature B
fineanddandy
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
These are just different specifications. They test the same skills, but the content is divided up differently. You will need to check with your school to see which you are following. Specification A is most popular for school age candidates and generally B in other contexts, but it is for the individual school or college to make a decision. Neither is considered inferior to the other
lilmizkt24
Report 10 years ago
There are two papers for each english GCSE (lit and lang) the two papers are done in the same session but have slightly different content and require a different style of writing.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The different specifications.
fineanddandy
Report 10 years ago
two papers for each english GCSE (lit and lang) the two papers are
This might depend on the specification, but for the AQA exam, there are TWO exams for English and ONE exam for English Literature. This applies to both specification A and B. In the new specifications, there will be ONE exam for English and TWO for English Literature.
Davemq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For caribbean countries I think English A stands for Grammar and English B stands for Literature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (226)
67.66%
No (108)
32.34%

Watched Threads