The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Newton
When I came back from College, I went into My room, and opened up My computer as I was having problems with the Network Card. I has to keep the Computer on for My own reasons as soon as I, by accident, touched the Mother board with the card, I caused a power cut in My area, which apparently influenced 1600 properties. :biggrin:

Newton.

:congrats:
Reply 2
Tommorow, the world!....
Newton
When I came back from College, I went into My room, and opened up My computer as I was having problems with the Network Card. I has to keep the Computer on for My own reasons as soon as I, by accident, touched the Mother board with the card, I caused a power cut in My area, which apparently influenced 1600 properties. :biggrin:

Newton.

Congratulations.

Blame the power company for awful infrastructure.
Reply 4
Newton

Newton.

seriously i doubt it. are u sure it was you? not a coincidence?
Reply 5
Yeay :smile: Thats the security systems down.. Now go loot them joints!
Reply 6
shorting the mains can that sort of effect and will most likely kill you, touching the motherboard wouldnt do that much externally. this is from past experience
Reply 7
Meh I once touched exposed Copper piping and shorted out The entire shop i work in. Was quite fun though.. They all heard me scream.
Reply 8
shorting the mains can that sort of effect

How do I do that?...just shove a screwdriver in the hole
Reply 9
GiBB*89

Do you want to kill yourself?
GiBB*89

get the plug, unscrew it. u see where the fuse is - put a piece of metal there instead, now screw eveything back up and switch on. it can seriously drain the electricity, i wouldnt reccomend it. (especially if you attach it to a hlaf farad capacitor hehe) seriously unless you wanna die.
Reply 11
Death is only the beginning.

Evidently the blackout comes afterwards...
Reply 12
I dont wanna die but it would be fun to take out my area....lol.
and the thing about putting somemetal were the fuse goes...my physics teacher said that his dad done it cos he didnt have (or cudnt afford :smile: ) a fuse so he put some tin foil in there to make the appliance work. he said it worked for him?
Reply 13
I suppose it's possible, but VERY VERY unlikely. Silly Newton!
GiBB*89
I dont wanna die but it would be fun to take out my area....lol.
and the thing about putting somemetal were the fuse goes...my physics teacher said that his dad done it cos he didnt have (or cudnt afford :smile: ) a fuse so he put some tin foil in there to make the appliance work. he said it worked for him?

i think it was a chunk of iron that was used, anyway tin foil disintegrates with too high a current?
Reply 15
Aaah were moving towards education. Im scared.
Reply 16
this gives me a great idea
Reply 17
Aaah were moving towards education. Im scared.
Education, Education, Education.....its the way forward.
:mad:

wot idea u got?
Reply 18
Id assume its along the 'Lets put down all my neighbourhoods electricity'

Not a bad idea.
Hanzing
Id assume its along the 'Lets put down all my neighbourhoods electricity'

Not a bad idea.

heel yeah. that ought to teach them for playing their music loud :motz:

Latest

Trending

Trending