Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone who has done the 17th june 2003 S2 paper, please help me with the solutions! I have a mock this Thursday, and m stuck with bits of it, don’t have any answers, so not even sure if what I m doing is any good… really appreciate it if anyone with the paper could confirm my answers & help me with the one’s I cant get! Thanks

3. a) X – Bin (4, 0.30)
    b) like someone on this site suggested I drew up a table of probabilities from 0-4 for this binomial and sketched a graph
    c) 1 – most likely number of four residents…
    d) E(X) = 1.2 Var(X) = 0.84

4. b)i- not 5, not 5, not5, not 5, not5, is 5. so is it (4/6)5 * 2/6 = 32/729 or 0.0439
    ii-this is binomial n=8, p = 2/6 Answer: 7/6561?

5. I hope this is the rectangular distribution!

a) p.d.f – 1/20 180 < X < 200
    0 o/w
    b) i) 3/20
    ii) 9.15

I am stuck with the rest of this question – parts d and e.. help please!

6. a) X-Po(1) as n is not fixed, it cannot be a binomial distribution. Average means a poisson distribution.

b)0.5665

c) 0.0620 > 0.05 – Accept H0 – not significant. at the 5 % level of significance, there is no reason to believe that sending the information has reduced the number of times doctor sees patients with disease.

d) I think the research doesn’t support my choice of model as there is no connection! – really don’t know this one, just tryin to ********

Would really really be grateful for any help/corrections/solutions on this paper.. Thanks! Unfortunately, mr Hughes doesn’t have them yet

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got my S2 mock on Thursday as well. If you email me the paper i'll see what i can do for you.

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garfers)
    Hey, I've got my S2 mock on Thursday as well. If you email me the paper i'll see what i can do for you.

[email protected]

Alright thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Also if anyone has solutions of the jan 2003 S2 edexcel paper. please let me know!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.