The Big A-Level Tips thread! - - 2 pages of tips in first post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi, I have just completed my AS and am now selling my notes:
Maths Edexcel S1;
Economics AQA ECON;
History AQA HIS1B, HIS2C;
English Lit OCR Yeats, Jane Eyre.
I got pretty good results for them, high As of 95% UMS with full marks for HIS2C, S1, C1 and Eng Lit Coursework. Notes are in pdf format and previews are available. For further details, please private message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by _Collo
It took a while (well actually it took AAAGES), but I've organised them all into the first post.
I'll be adding in pg3 when we reach pg4 :smile: (5 replies left)

Btw, anyone have any tips for Product Design? I'm kinda going into it blind next year and I don't really know what to expect! 0_o

Just wanna say thanks!!!
Reply 122
Original post by Tibbz2
Uber bump

I hope it has improved because we're doing the OCR B course for our Physics :eek:

Lmaooo its the worst! He's right abt it.

BUT!!!!! practice papers r good! N make sure u WATCH VIDEO S OF STUFF IN ACTION it helps u undastand the theory
When you look at past papers, do any of you see benefit in repeating the same papers?
Original post by Captain Jack
When you look at past papers, do any of you see benefit in repeating the same papers?

Yes and no, when I did A Levels I found that repeating papers over a period of time was helpful. However, if I did it straight away then I couldn't see the benefit tbh
A level exams sat in 2017 will have no past papers to refer to, and they will be harder.
Original post by Slowbro93
Yes and no, when I did A Levels I found that repeating papers over a period of time was helpful. However, if I did it straight away then I couldn't see the benefit tbh

Ok thanks. I'll leave them a couple of weeks and then revisit them. The course I'm doing isn't a level but is similar. They changed the structure last year, so there are only two sets of past papers in the right format. I'll probably have forgotten them all in a couple of weeks anyway! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Captain Jack
Ok thanks. I'll leave them a couple of weeks and then revisit them. The course in doing isn't a level but is similar. They changed the structure last year, so there are only two sets of past papers in the right format. I'll probably have forgotten them all in a couple of weeks anyway! :biggrin:

How many past papers do you have for your particular qualification? :h:
Music - Start learning the pieces that you will have to answer questions on earlier than later, make flash cards with the different aspects of each piece (melody/tonality/structure etc.) and test yourself and your fellow music students. They also help with your essay writing!
Any tips for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
any tips for physics AS?
wonder how many people have found that advice useful
the one about failing at life
i think as long as you have a goal and you envision it, there is nothing that can get in your way. You can acheive it no matter how long it takes, If you have a dream dont doubt it and go for it
Reply 134
My sixth form sujests doing 4 hours of homestudy per subject, per week.
History is one of the hardest A levels you can take and I do stand by this quote, however, read your books (and I mean read them WELL) and practicing writing essay as much as possible!
About which English exam were you taliking?. Literature or Language or their mix
Tip - Do not compare your grades with other people in your class it's easily done and it will put you down if your friends have done better, just concentrate on your own progress :smile:
follow studyblogs eg studygrams on ig (mine is @/studypancakes ) they really help motvate me. also unjaded jade and eve bennett on youtube have really helped me revise

Quick Reply

Latest