Turn on thread page Beta

Would you marry a person who couldn't give you children? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i would. years ago, children were seen as the natural progression in a marriage so it was kinda expected. Now though, i believe social attitudes have changed greatly and its not unusual to not have children. as long as you have each other, i don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    No is the answer !
    Genetically material needs to be passed on to offspring according to the theory of evolution if this is not done existance seems to be pointless !

Waiting for the backlash !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    No is the answer !
    Genetically material needs to be passed on to offspring according to the theory of evolution if this is not done existance seems to be pointless !

Waiting for the backlash !
    can't think of a reply hmmm... i actually kinda agree with you.... we're all gonna go into extinction! lol ok maybe thats a bit extreme considering the number of children waitin to be adopted but hey

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care. i dont want kids. it sounds harsh but i would never adopt because i could never love someone else's kid. i'm one of the few(?) girls who cant stand babies and small children (or older children). they're smelly, noisy and annoying. maybe it's cos i have younger siblings?

ReputationRep:
    No, but not because they couldn't have kids. Just because I think that marriage is a stupid backward institution for people who don't have better things to spend a day doing.

MB

ReputationRep:
    yes i would.. im planning to have a couple of kids myself and seeing as im gay and dont sleep with guys my only choice is insemination anyways or adoption which i may consider one day..

oh and this whole marriage thing will only work out if they legalise it (which my friend who does law says it will be lagalised) heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    well? Set aside all the messing around with adoption, as its not an option for many couples becuase of cost etc..

Would you marry a partner who couldnt give you children?
    no. this is because i'm only going to marry once and i want to have children. adopting or using sperm donors cannot possibly be the same as haveing your own child.

the question could i love someone who couldnt give me children is different altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    the question could i love someone who couldnt give me children is different altogether.
    that's a really good point. do you want good rep for that or would you prefer bad rep to get even more red gems? you need some rep for that comment!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be bothered as I don't want children anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm infertile, and I don't particularly like kids anyway. They're okay as long as you can hand them back to their parents when they start emitting waste products and vomit.

ReputationRep:
    basically if i ended up being with my current gf still in many years to come, and we found out around then she couldn't have children..i couldn't not marry her...already depend on her so much, so would be too hard to live without her..

probably wud adopt or something?

ReputationRep:
    i would marry them regardless of being able to have children or not.... as long as you love each other and you are open about it....also you could adopt and make a childs life happier xoxo

ReputationRep:
    If i was with someone and after a long time they told me they couldn't have children i guess at that stage i'd love them too much to care but then I feel betrayed that they didn't tell me at first and it would always be with me because i'd really like kids. If they told me from the start I'd feel so bad to "reject" them on that basis so I'd probably still stay with them. Big dilema though!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.