Apples124
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Urgh - My photo has just been rejected for my ID card, despite fitting all of the guidance given. Has anybody else encountered this problem? I'm smiling slightly - no teeth showing, just a tiny smile. Think this could be why?

Anybody else encountered problems with their photo id?
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It has to be passport standard. White background, no smiling, full face in view, et cetera. I think the main reason for this is that the uni card is used to identify you in examinations, and so needs to be accurate (and nobody smiles in exams ).
archly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It might be a lighting thing. If you look at the sample photos, it does seem pretty strict. Also, if they're anything like as strict as the student railcard people then the quality (in pixels per inch) of the image will matter (though I've no reason to think it would).
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's not fascism, just strict rules. Yeah it sucks sometimes but oh well, just live with it.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Incidentally, this thread sets the new Godwin's law record.
Apples124
Rep:
?
Dez - Haha, it does indeed. I'm not sure whether to feel proud or emasculated (bearing in mind that I am, strangely enough, female)

jumpingjesusholycow - You don't say? :P lol. I'm aware it's not ACTUALLY fascism. It does suck, and I can live with it. However, a mid-monday rant seems more than appropriate when the last thing you feel like dealing with during a boring day at work is the fact that my photo's been rejected for no clear reason. /ramblerambleramble.

Blahhhhhh. I've taken a bunch more back up photos now incase they have another whinge at me =] I've come to the conclusion that it may be because a little bit of my hair is covering the outside edge of my eyebrow? Perhaps' they're funny about it being completely unobscured.
Srax
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I was smiling slightly in mine and had the majority of one eyebrow covered by my fringe.. but they accepted that!
:|
Kris_McGee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need to do mine soon. But the only photos I have are some really awful ones which look nothing like me that's on my provisional license. I might have to get a new set.

What do we need them for? One for the Photocard license, one for NUS, one for my Railcard - any other things I'll need one for?
Apples124
Rep:
?
LOL.

I was in a really grumpy, awkward mood, and I resubmitted the exact same photo because I couldn't see what was wrong with it. This time it got accepted.

Victory to the people (or Sophie).
Kris_McGee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SophieSomething)
LOL.

I was in a really grumpy, awkward mood, and I resubmitted the exact same photo because I couldn't see what was wrong with it. This time it got accepted.

Victory to the people (or Sophie).
Yay Sophie!
Memento Mori
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by otter!)
One of my letters from York said you need one for your department, or one for each department if you're doing a joint course.

Incidentally, the photo I used for my photocard and railcard didn't have a white background.
When I started you also needed 2 photos for accommodation, don't know if you still do.
-CBee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Look forwards to evry place you try to use the damn thing as student ID telling you that its 'already expired' because it says the year you get it rather than having an end date on it (i.e. my one saying 07/08 started getting rejeted for things in august last year). It is seriously the most fake ID-looking uni card I've seen!
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's not an ID card. Not an official one anyway, legally it holds no value.
-CBee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I mean in terms of getting student discount in shops and things, most of my friends' uni cards don't seem to get questioned half as much as my York one
melons_2009
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive done mine, and basically as my stair way walls are white at the momeny i balanced on the stairs took a bunch of photos on my phone and uploaded them. Im smiling on mine and it was accepted.
Memento Mori
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The new ones have expiry dates on, I think.
imhiya
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I look 12 in mine :P its my provisional one. Oh well still can use it.
laser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Memento Mori)
The new ones have expiry dates on, I think.
Yes, they do! I was responsible for that! They're also going to have the NUS and YUSU logos on them.
lizzieangel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imhiya)
I look 12 in mine :P its my provisional one. Oh well still can use it.
I look about 12 in real life! My drivers card is from when I was 15 and it looks the same as the one taken 3 months ago for school yearbook etc.
imhiya
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lizzieangel)
I look about 12 in real life! My drivers card is from when I was 15 and it looks the same as the one taken 3 months ago for school yearbook etc.
Lol poor thing :P well not really, atleast you'll stay looking younger for longer. What you studying and where you staying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.8%
I'm not sure (2)
1.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (34)
29.06%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.86%

Watched Threads