jonnyofengland
I'll probably only use this site during the holidays, in all honesty. :holmes:

:ditto:

Although i'll answer any PMs that I receive :smile:
Moronic Acid

Although i'll answer any PMs that I receive :smile:

Although I probably won't be on much, even during the holidays... and my inbox is full, so good luck PMing me.
Reply 23
It feels well scary thinking I'm a third year now, it feels like I'm still a fresher! I remember a third year telling me how quickly time passes and not believing him: it's actually true!
I have applied to become a PS helper :proud: see how good am I :p:
Reply 25
Methinks you need to wait until you have a college email :wink:
digitalis
Methinks you need to wait until you have a college email :wink:

Nope :p:

Under such demand just needed to send pic of track.

I will need to send that later though....
I actually have access to (somebody's) uni email... which means, hypothetically, I could become a PS helper... which is ridiculous.
Toiletpaper8
I actually have access to (somebody's) uni email... which means, hypothetically, I could become a PS helper... which is ridiculous.

For med you don't need it just a copy of track page
crazylemon
For med you don't need it just a copy of track page

To be honest, you'll probably be telling half the people to do a complete re-write :p: There should be a page for general and obvious PS advice... such as...

"DON'T TELL THEM THE SKILLS YOU GOT FROM DOING SHIZZLE, IT SOUNDS PATRONISING AND STUPID!"

Anywho, I might apply for it in a week or two. I wouldn't mind if they made me a PS helper, but I don't see the point in posting a screen of a track page... that can so easily be faked with gimp.

I have to help a few friends with their PS first. And of course, outside of TSR, you can bend a few rules :wink:
Toiletpaper8
To be honest, you'll probably be telling half the people to do a complete re-write :p: There should be a page for general and obvious PS advice... such as...

"DON'T TELL THEM THE SKILLS YOU GOT FROM DOING SHIZZLE, IT SOUNDS PATRONISING AND STUPID!"

Anywho, I might apply for it in a week or two. I wouldn't mind if they made me a PS helper, but I don't see the point in posting a screen of a track page... that can so easily be faked with gimp.

I have to help a few friends with their PS first. And of course, outside of TSR, you can bend a few rules :wink:

I did that... to an extent......
crazylemon
I did that... to an extent......

Well, I always cringe massively whenever I read something telling me the interpersonal... communication... and teamworking skills they've gained doing X, Y and Z. I mean, I just feel it's quite obvious and there's no need to spell it out.

As such, I think the people who wrote the example PS on TSR tried too hard to sell themselves.

I guess though, with so many people giving PS advice, you're bound to get conflicting advice. It's like the case of child B, all over again.
Toiletpaper8
Well, I always cringe massively whenever I read something telling me the interpersonal... communication... and teamworking skills they've gained doing X, Y and Z. I mean, I just feel it's quite obvious and there's no need to spell it out.

As such, I think the people who wrote the example PS on TSR tried too hard to sell themselves.

I guess though, with so many people giving PS advice, you're bound to get conflicting advice. It's like the case of child B, all over again.

lol I wasn't quite that obvious some subtlety is needed :p:
crazylemon
lol I wasn't quite that obvious some subtlety is needed :p:

What I don't get is why frankly diabolical example PS are allowed on TSR. People will start to think that it's the norm...

They should have like a 5-star rating for each of the PS or summit... I dunno.
Toiletpaper8
What I don't get is why frankly diabolical example PS are allowed on TSR. People will start to think that it's the norm...

They should have like a 5-star rating for each of the PS or summit... I dunno.

Some have comments but not many but apparently the medics are hectic with PSs so not much time to sort out the wiki PSs I would guess

I know there are some of them on there which barely mention medicine :p:

Edit: or get the person to put whether they got offers/interviews and where from
Toiletpaper8

I gained teamworking skills from working as part of a team. :proud:

I don't think I could be a PS Helper - I just don't think I know enough about writing PSes to feel confident giving advice and help to complete strangers, just in case I said the wrong thing once and it cost them.

I feel fine helping my friends out though, because I know they have some common sense and initiative before I start (so if I say something dodgy they won't necessarily take my word as gospel).
I'm for sure staying! I like reading the posts on here.
I posted a little bit during freshers, and then not much during first year I admit, but still had a presence.

You can always pop in every so often!
Reply 38
I feel like killing some of the applicants, you'd think they'd never used google before in their lives.
fatal
I feel like killing some of the applicants, you'd think they'd never used google before in their lives.

:sadnod:

I don't know why this happens so much in the medicine forums especially - these kids are supposed to be the brightest in the country :dry:

Latest

Trending

Trending